Search

Question about flying overseas from EZE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, United, Gol, LATAM
Question about flying overseas from EZE

Hello @ll!

I will have to be in Brazil, Mexico and the USA early in August. Do you have any idea when will they authorize travel from EZE to GRU and Mexico? I am a little confused. Flying to Brazil the only airline selling tickets EZE-GRU is British Airways, but I do not know if this airline is authorized to fly or to take passengers in EZE-GRU, for Turkish is not. The Mexican airline is also available to fly to Mexico, but I don´t see it operating at this time.

Thank you.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by azulito
Hello @ll!

I will have to be in Brazil, Mexico and the USA early in August. Do you have any idea when will they authorize travel from EZE to GRU and Mexico? I am a little confused. Flying to Brazil the only airline selling tickets EZE-GRU is British Airways, but I do not know if this airline is authorized to fly or to take passengers in EZE-GRU, for Turkish is not. The Mexican airline is also available to fly to Mexico, but I don´t see it operating at this time.

Thank you.
AM is operating once a week EZE/MEX right now. What the mate leaves forecast in August, who knows. And even when the flights operate, it doesn't mean that you'll be an eligible passenger.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Hello @ll!

Thank you.
It is my impression that BA will happily seat on your money but they are not authorised to fly into the country, and that is unlikely to change given the surge of the so-called Delta variant in the UK. Further to that, Argentina only allows citizens and permanent residents (+ immediate family members) into the country, so foreign tourism is essentially prohibited at the time being.

I personally do not expect many changes until the (Southern Hemisphere) summer, but who knows...
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:53 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I agree that forward planning is (very) risky. Given the moronic track record that the ANAC (the Argentine FAA) has shown over the past 6 months, the only airline that seems to escape total madness is Aero Kampora (Aerolineas Argentinas)... and not entirely. Unless you are very flexible and/or can purchase a fully refundable/flexible fare, I would probably not plan ahead.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Hello @ll!

Thank you.
well I tried to book the BA flight because it was on the A350 with new club seats from EZE-GRU but that cancelled promptly lol. Been mixed reports about passengers getting on the TK flight from EZE-GRU flight ( that’s what I am on next month ). It will be a wait and see likely until June 28-29th when ANAC authorizes flights, frequencies, and which airlines will be flying in and out of EZE for July.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:59 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
BA is not going to have it easy, as the UK has been on the RED list for Argentina for quite some time...... and Brasil has been in this same RED bucket. Having said this, the situation regarding what the ANAC will do with flights changes day to day, so who knows what will happen. In principle, the next batch of news on who will be allowed to fly what should surface by July 9th.

Stay tuned....
Old Jul 4, 2021, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, United, Gol, LATAM
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
BA is not going to have it easy, as the UK has been on the RED list for Argentina for quite some time...... and Brasil has been in this same RED bucket. Having said this, the situation regarding what the ANAC will do with flights changes day to day, so who knows what will happen. In principle, the next batch of news on who will be allowed to fly what should surface by July 9th.

Stay tuned....
You are right, unfortunately. I just reserved a flight to US, I think it has better chance to work. Thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
BA is not going to have it easy, as the UK has been on the RED list for Argentina for quite some time.......
I suspect it's the other way around now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.