“Special flights” to Buenos Aires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist

I saw that AR will be flying from EZE-MIA and MIA-EZE on certain dates next month I also noticed AA appears to be the only other carrier bookable from MIA-EZE which is what I am interested in to get back to my wife. Was curious if the AA flights were actually confirmed? I see actual awards availability on the AA flights. Currently in the process of trying to obtain reunification of family visa as my wife is in Argentina and I’m pretty sure if these AA flights run would only be for nationals and permanent residents.

Mods I didn’t post this in AA forum as I thought it was more specific to Argentina itself in regards to flight permissions and entry restrictions for AA applying for frequencies on MIA-EZE
Old Aug 23, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I think the flights from MIA to EZE are only available for Argentine nationals and residents

If you can swing a reunification Visa , you will also be eligible

2 Aerolineas flights per week confirmed

And 2 American flights were authorized late last week.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by malagajohn
I think the flights from MIA to EZE are only available for Argentine nationals and residents

If you can swing a reunification Visa , you will also be eligible

2 Aerolineas flights per week confirmed

And 2 American flights were authorized late last week.
that’s exactly what I am waiting on the hopeful approval of my reunification visa. I happen to be working in Chicago so hoping to get approved and go to the consulate and get it on the spot so I can make the AA flight

ETA: Got approved for visa
Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by Brandinho1; Aug 24, 2020 at 8:51 am
Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Does one have to quarantine upon arrival however?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caseminole
Does one have to quarantine upon arrival however?
yes a 14 day quarantine for citizens and residents. Currently foreign nationals aren’t allowed to enter
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:40 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I heard from a US based client that Delta has announced it is to resume daily service to EZE in October... I havent read the fine print but Im guessing that it may say something like "subject to local regulatory approval".... (???)
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
And to address entry related restrictions as posted above, as far as Ive seen reported in all local media, unless you are a citizen, or a permanent resident, or have some sort of special permit (official government business, diplomatic or similar status), foreign nationals are still barred from entering Argentina.....

For those that are adventurous, you could of course enter Argentina by "land" from Paraguay..... LOL
Old Sep 2, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I heard from a US based client that Delta has announced it is to resume daily service to EZE in October... I havent read the fine print but Im guessing that it may say something like "subject to local regulatory approval".... (???)
Perhaps post a link of said announcement ?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Sure we won’t know until last minute I do see UA’s IAH-EZE loaded in Expert Flyer for 10/2-10/24 or something like that for October but who knows if they have gotten the authorization to fly that yet.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Sure we won’t know until last minute I do see UA’s IAH-EZE loaded in Expert Flyer for 10/2-10/24 or something like that for October but who knows if they have gotten the authorization to fly that yet.
Even if there is authorization to fly doesn't necessarily mean you are welcome to board or will be permitted in the country. Planes could be sparsely populated above the floor with those repatriating or willing to quarantine (or whatever the restrictions may be) and fully populated below the floor with a myriad of containerized crap.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
This is interesting from United today

This is interesting from United today:

https://hub.united.com/2020-09-04-un...647462326.html

Specifically this: (does UA know something we don’t)
  • International
    • Resuming service to 14 international destinations including Bogota, Colombia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Lima, Peru and Panama City, Panama
Old Sep 4, 2020, 12:29 pm

Just found this when using Google flights to try to make a dummy booking

Just found this when using Google flights to try to make a dummy booking:

https://eeeuu.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/...ling-argentina
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:35 am

Seems to me UA is flying to EZE one time weekly effective October 2

Houston – Buenos Aires Ezeiza eff 02OCT20 1 weekly 787-9

Last edited by Flying Machine; Sep 7, 2020 at 11:09 am
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Seems to me US is flying to EZE one time weekly effective October 2

Houston – Buenos Aires Ezeiza eff 02OCT20 1 weekly 787-9
What isn’t know yet is if UA has the authorization yet from the Argentine government but i could see this happening as I think there is a decent sized link of Argentine residents and citizens that are in Houston and/or would get to Houston to get back to Argentina or come up for a vacation to the states. Check with Sir Chandler on YouTube as he is a good source for all things Argentine aviation
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:52 am

Great info here... thanks to all for keeping this thread updated !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.