FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   “Special flights” to Buenos Aires (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/2023776-special-flights-buenos-aires.html)

Brandinho1 Aug 21, 2020 9:46 pm

“Special flights” to Buenos Aires

I saw that AR will be flying from EZE-MIA and MIA-EZE on certain dates next month I also noticed AA appears to be the only other carrier bookable from MIA-EZE which is what I am interested in to get back to my wife. Was curious if the AA flights were actually confirmed? I see actual awards availability on the AA flights. Currently in the process of trying to obtain reunification of family visa as my wife is in Argentina and I’m pretty sure if these AA flights run would only be for nationals and permanent residents.

Mods I didn’t post this in AA forum as I thought it was more specific to Argentina itself in regards to flight permissions and entry restrictions for AA applying for frequencies on MIA-EZE

malagajohn Aug 23, 2020 8:14 am

I think the flights from MIA to EZE are only available for Argentine nationals and residents

If you can swing a reunification Visa , you will also be eligible

2 Aerolineas flights per week confirmed

And 2 American flights were authorized late last week.

Brandinho1 Aug 23, 2020 11:08 am

Originally Posted by malagajohn (Post 32624163)
I think the flights from MIA to EZE are only available for Argentine nationals and residents

If you can swing a reunification Visa , you will also be eligible

2 Aerolineas flights per week confirmed

And 2 American flights were authorized late last week.

that’s exactly what I am waiting on the hopeful approval of my reunification visa. I happen to be working in Chicago so hoping to get approved and go to the consulate and get it on the spot so I can make the AA flight

ETA: Got approved for visa

caseminole Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Does one have to quarantine upon arrival however?

Brandinho1 Aug 27, 2020 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 32634707)
Does one have to quarantine upon arrival however?

yes a 14 day quarantine for citizens and residents. Currently foreign nationals aren’t allowed to enter

Gaucho100K Sep 2, 2020 8:40 am

I heard from a US based client that Delta has announced it is to resume daily service to EZE in October... I havent read the fine print but Im guessing that it may say something like "subject to local regulatory approval".... (???)

Gaucho100K Sep 2, 2020 8:42 am

And to address entry related restrictions as posted above, as far as Ive seen reported in all local media, unless you are a citizen, or a permanent resident, or have some sort of special permit (official government business, diplomatic or similar status), foreign nationals are still barred from entering Argentina..... :rolleyes:

For those that are adventurous, you could of course enter Argentina by "land" from Paraguay..... LOL

Flying Machine Sep 2, 2020 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 32647268)
I heard from a US based client that Delta has announced it is to resume daily service to EZE in October... I havent read the fine print but Im guessing that it may say something like "subject to local regulatory approval".... (???)

Perhaps post a link of said announcement ?

Brandinho1 Sep 2, 2020 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 32647268)

Sure we won’t know until last minute I do see UA’s IAH-EZE loaded in Expert Flyer for 10/2-10/24 or something like that for October but who knows if they have gotten the authorization to fly that yet.

Eastbay1K Sep 2, 2020 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1 (Post 32648764)
Sure we won’t know until last minute I do see UA’s IAH-EZE loaded in Expert Flyer for 10/2-10/24 or something like that for October but who knows if they have gotten the authorization to fly that yet.

Even if there is authorization to fly doesn't necessarily mean you are welcome to board or will be permitted in the country. Planes could be sparsely populated above the floor with those repatriating or willing to quarantine (or whatever the restrictions may be) and fully populated below the floor with a myriad of containerized crap.

Flying Machine Sep 4, 2020 11:34 am

This is interesting from United today

This is interesting from United today:

https://hub.united.com/2020-09-04-un...647462326.html

Specifically this: (does UA know something we don’t)
  • International
    • Resuming service to 14 international destinations including Bogota, Colombia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Lima, Peru and Panama City, Panama

Flying Machine Sep 4, 2020 12:29 pm

Just found this when using Google flights to try to make a dummy booking

Just found this when using Google flights to try to make a dummy booking:

https://eeeuu.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/...ling-argentina

Flying Machine Sep 5, 2020 10:35 am

Seems to me UA is flying to EZE one time weekly effective October 2

Houston – Buenos Aires Ezeiza eff 02OCT20 1 weekly 787-9

Brandinho1 Sep 5, 2020 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 32654419)
Seems to me US is flying to EZE one time weekly effective October 2

Houston – Buenos Aires Ezeiza eff 02OCT20 1 weekly 787-9

What isn’t know yet is if UA has the authorization yet from the Argentine government but i could see this happening as I think there is a decent sized link of Argentine residents and citizens that are in Houston and/or would get to Houston to get back to Argentina or come up for a vacation to the states. Check with Sir Chandler on YouTube as he is a good source for all things Argentine aviation

Gaucho100K Sep 7, 2020 8:52 am

Great info here... thanks to all for keeping this thread updated !!! :D