Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE Immigration Waiting Time for Departure

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:19 am
Original Poster

EZE Immigration Waiting Time for Departure

I am planning to arrive EZE terminal C from Iguazu at 8:30 pm and catch a flight at terminal A at 10 pm to JFK. I think I can manage a 10-15 minutes walking from terminal C to A, Any advice on the average waiting time for passing immigration and customs for international departure?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
you are cutting it fine.. Exit migration is very busy at that time

Is it the same airline is it one ticket ? Do you have checked bags? Will you be checked in for the JFK flight?

If it is all Aerolineas Argentinas it will be easier as I think they will soort ou tthe termianl transfer ( They are all inter connected )
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, Malagajohn! I will arrive in via Aerolineas Argintinas (Terminal C) and leave for JFK via AA, no plan to check any bag and will do the online check-in for JFK flight. Seems the exit immigration for departure would be a bottle neck then - any estimate to the average waiting time?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by jerryxu1
Thank you, Malagajohn! I will arrive in via Aerolineas Argintinas (Terminal C) and leave for JFK via AA, no plan to check any bag and will do the online check-in for JFK flight. Seems the exit immigration for departure would be a bottle neck then - any estimate to the average waiting time?
What day of the week and what month are you travelling?

Today for example many domestic flights were delayed due to industrial action by pilots
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jerryxu1
The security checkpoint can present as much of a bottleneck as immigration. The first feeds into the second. I always figure on an hour. It is often about 30 minutes, but unpredictable. The exit machines for Argentine passport holders seems to have a positive effect on the lines (based upon my experience sample of one trip after installation), as for exits, there is no segregation based upon passport nationality.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I thought American to JFK leaves at 11pm. If that is the case and your incoming flight is on time, you are fine.

If it indeed leaves at 10pm, it's going to be very, very tight. It's a 10 to 15 minute walk from Terminal C to Terminal A, and then it's a lottery -- security and immigration can be anything from 20 minutes to 1 hour. If your AR flight is on time and security/immigration is reasonable (say 30 minutes), you should get to your AA gate just in time for the final boarding call.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Thank all of you - Marambio, Eastbay1K & Malagajohn! Now I get the idea and will try my best to rush to the immigration point once I get EZE.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO there's also the risk of the domestic AR flight being delayed or rescheduled. AR doesn't have a particularly good reputation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.