Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Immigration line at EZE

Immigration line at EZE

Old Jan 23, 18, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver, Skymiles Peon, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Chase Reserve
Immigration line at EZE

First time I'm traveling to Argentina. I'm an American citizen flying out of Toronto with a stop in Mexico City. My understanding is Americans and Canadians no longer need to pay the reciprocity fee. I fly into EZE around 10:25pm and then fly back out "same day" at 12:30am. My question is, if things are on-time and "normal", should I have enough time to get thru immigration and get back to the gate for the flight out?
Old Jan 23, 18, 3:55 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , AV
Are you transiting international to international ? In that case you dont need to clear immigration.
Old Jan 23, 18, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver, Skymiles Peon, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Chase Reserve
Originally Posted by malagajohn View Post
Are you transiting international to international ? In that case you dont need to clear immigration.
I would be coming inbound from Mexico City and then taking that same aircraft back 2.5 hours later... so yes international to international. It's a mileage run...
Old Jan 23, 18, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mtu_flyer View Post
I would be coming inbound from Mexico City and then taking that same aircraft back 2.5 hours later... so yes international to international. It's a mileage run...
I'd just do OLCI. If it is too early before you leave YYZ, try @ MEX. You then go through transit security and then back up to departures. If you're flying up front, or have ST status, head to the Aerolineas Argentinas lounge (upstairs, near Gate 14 or so) for assistance if you need. I'd also head to the gate at the earliest opportunity for doc check with an AM agent. (Also, if it doesn't work before you leave YYZ, perhaps because an AM agent hasn't done a doc check, it may work after your YYZ check in).

Otherwise, you'll have to go through arrival formalities, and then departure formalities, and sometimes those lines are not pleasant, on both ends.
Old Jan 24, 18, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I'd just do OLCI. If it is too early before you leave YYZ, try @ MEX. You then go through transit security and then back up to departures. If you're flying up front, or have ST status, head to the Aerolineas Argentinas lounge (upstairs, near Gate 14 or so) for assistance if you need. I'd also head to the gate at the earliest opportunity for doc check with an AM agent. (Also, if it doesn't work before you leave YYZ, perhaps because an AM agent hasn't done a doc check, it may work after your YYZ check in).

Otherwise, you'll have to go through arrival formalities, and then departure formalities, and sometimes those lines are not pleasant, on both ends.
Sorry i'm a newbie so what is OLC?
Old Jan 24, 18, 7:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Agree with Eastbay1K that online check-in (OLCI) is the way to go. Provided you check-in online and fly with hand luggage only, you wouldn't need to clear immigration since you are on international transit. After leaving the aircraft, walk through the long corridor until you see a sign for international connections. It's before the escalators going down to immigration. Follow the arrows and you'll be at a security checkpoint. Once you clear it, just walk to the main departures area. In my experience, with OLCI and hand luggage, airline staff will page you some minutes before boarding to check your travel documents.

If you can't manage to check-in online or you have luggage on the hold - run! 2.5 hours is quite tight for leaving the aircraft, clearing immigration and customs, walking to Terminal C (from where AM operates), departures passport control and boarding.
Old Jan 24, 18, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marambio View Post

If you can't manage to check-in online or you have luggage on the hold - run! 2.5 hours is quite tight for leaving the aircraft, clearing immigration and customs, walking to Terminal C (from where AM operates), departures passport control and boarding.
Are you sure? I thought AM operates from A, and AA2000 still shows today''s departure as such. It has on my couple of trips out of EZE on AM. (To the OP, note that A and C are all the same re: the gates, airside, so transit security will dump you in the departure area for all international gates.
Marambio likes this.
Old Jan 24, 18, 10:40 am

Are you sure? I thought AM operates from A, and AA2000 still shows today''s departure as such. It has on my couple of trips out of EZE on AM. (To the OP, note that A and C are all the same re: the gates, airside, so transit security will dump you in the departure area for all international gates.
Sorry for my mistake. I just assumed all Skyteam airlines operate from Terminal C, and it turns out UX and AM operate from Terminal A.
Old Jan 24, 18, 12:22 pm

The morning is the worst time at EZE

Looking at the arrivals page on aa2000.com.ar - not too many planes arrive at the same time as the AM flight . Only the Turkish from Istambul is a widebody.

Seems to be all 737s and A320S when it leaves , so departures shouldn't be too busy.

Still as said above , if you can do online check in , this would be much easier. However they might look at you strangely when they ask , you are travelling to Mexico and where are you coming from sir?
Old Jan 25, 18, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
So, what time do you recommend arriving at EZE flying DL in J with checked bags for the 8:20 PM departure, hoping for, maybe, 45 minutes in whatever lounge they use?

Also, what time should I plan to leave my hotel near Obelisco by taxi or Uber allowing for rush hour?
Old Jan 25, 18, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
So, what time do you recommend arriving at EZE flying DL in J with checked bags for the 8:20 PM departure, hoping for, maybe, 45 minutes in whatever lounge they use?

Also, what time should I plan to leave my hotel near Obelisco by taxi or Uber allowing for rush hour?
I'd conservatively leave the city at 4:30 PM. You can plan on 45 to 60 minutes to EZE. It could take a bit longer but not too likely. I'd expect your check-in will be 15 to 20 minutes, total. You then go up to BP scan, security, and exit migraciones. I have no idea how bad it gets at Terminal C. I can tell you that at A in the evening, you need to budget an hour (it can take more, but rarely).

You then have a decent walk out to the AR (Aerolineas Argentinas) lounge, and your departure gate can be a decent walk from the lounge (or very close). All the international departure gates are connected, whether you enter @ A or C.
Old Jan 25, 18, 10:06 am

The slot between 8.00 and 10.30 pm can be very busy at both terminals. Lots of wide bodies going to Europe , USA and further afield. . If you want to enjoy time in the lounge go early!

By leaving aroubnd 4.30 pm you miss the worst of the rush hour.
Old Jan 25, 18, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The slot between 8.00 and 10.30 pm can be very busy at both terminals. Lots of wide bodies going to Europe , USA and further afield. . If you want to enjoy time in the lounge go early!

Yup. Unless I have a very late night flight, I leave at 4:30 from San Telmo. It typically takes 25-30 minutes, unless there's an accident or protest. I'd rather have extra time at the airport than sweat nervously when I'm there. I've been in the migraciones line with airline reps calling out for passengers, or have witnessed passengers just taking it upon themselves to cut through the lines (with no repercussions, of course, other than glares).
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:39 pm

Agree with leaving at 4:30pm approx. After 5pm it's the rush hour and traffic becomes much heavier. The AR lounge (Salón Cóndor) is not outstanding but it's probably better to read a book there instead of being stuck at the highway.

Immigration at Terminal C shouldn't be an issue since there are not many flights leaving close to DL's - AF, AZ and KL have all left and AR widebodies only take off after 11pm.
Old Jan 26, 18, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'd conservatively leave the city at 4:30 PM. You can plan on 45 to 60 minutes to EZE. It could take a bit longer but not too likely. I'd expect your check-in will be 15 to 20 minutes, total. You then go up to BP scan, security, and exit migraciones. I have no idea how bad it gets at Terminal C. I can tell you that at A in the evening, you need to budget an hour (it can take more, but rarely).

You then have a decent walk out to the AR (Aerolineas Argentinas) lounge, and your departure gate can be a decent walk from the lounge (or very close). All the international departure gates are connected, whether you enter @ A or C.

Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
Agree with leaving at 4:30pm approx. After 5pm it's the rush hour and traffic becomes much heavier. The AR lounge (Salón Cóndor) is not outstanding but it's probably better to read a book there instead of being stuck at the highway.

Immigration at Terminal C shouldn't be an issue since there are not many flights leaving close to DL's - AF, AZ and KL have all left and AR widebodies only take off after 11pm.
Thanx for that! I'll use 4:30 PM as a guideline!

Search this Thread