Search

Immigration line at EZE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mtu_flyer
First time I'm traveling to Argentina. I'm an American citizen flying out of Toronto with a stop in Mexico City. My understanding is Americans and Canadians no longer need to pay the reciprocity fee. I fly into EZE around 10:25pm and then fly back out "same day" at 12:30am. My question is, if things are on-time and "normal", should I have enough time to get thru immigration and get back to the gate for the flight out?
2 hours and 5 minutes sounds like cutting it too close unless you can avoid both of the following: checked luggage claims and having to go via entry and exit immigration control at EZE. And hopefully online check-in works.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:39 pm

Immigration open hours

Hola.

I need to pay overstaying fee at the airport before I leaveIy flight is Saturday so I am wondering they open at Saturday.
also bank

Thank you in advance
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Thanx for that! I'll use 4:30 PM as a guideline!
This is standard advice for the DL flight. However, I've always had lots of time at EZE, with basically no line for SkyPriority DL check in (go to the far left as you enter the departures C terminal) and no limes for passport control, although I have seen minimal lines for airport security. (Arrival at EZE can involve long lines for immigration as a foreigner and then again (even worse at times) for customs to X-ray all inbound bags. The AR lounge is very close to the gate DL uses, although there's a slightly better AmEx Centurion lounge (for regular Plat charge card members, although Centuions are sent to a special inner sanctum with food served from a menu and good French champagne) just across from the AR lounge on the mezzanine level and accessed by the same stairs or elevator.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is standard advice for the DL flight. However, I've always had lots of time at EZE, with basically no line for SkyPriority DL check in (go to the far left as you enter the departures C terminal) and no limes for passport control, although I have seen minimal lines for airport security. (Arrival at EZE can involve long lines for immigration as a foreigner and then again (even worse at times) for customs to X-ray all inbound bags. The AR lounge is very close to the gate DL uses, although there's a slightly better AmEx Centurion lounge (for regular Plat charge card members, although Centuions are sent to a special inner sanctum with food served from a menu and good French champagne) just across from the AR lounge on the mezzanine level and accessed by the same stairs or elevator.
As a data point, approximately how many times in a typical year do you transit EZE?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
A few questions for my first trip to Buenos Aires:
  • ETA for UA is 10:20am - how long is the immigration line? Is there an expedited line for business class? Also I have an ABTC/APAC card - has anyone used one here?
  • I gather that I should allocate 4 hours between flights for a ground transfer from EZE to AEP. I don't check luggage.
  • How much time to travel from downtown BA to EZE for Friday mid-morning flight to Rio? Is there a lengthy security or immigration queue?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
  • ETA for UA is 10:20am - how long is the immigration line? Is there an expedited line for business class? Also I have an ABTC/APAC card - has anyone used one here?
Variable. No class of service expedited line, and no idea about the card. I'd expect 30 minutes, but it could be a lot more, or sometimes less. Customs line seems to flow a lot better as of the recent past.
  • I gather that I should allocate 4 hours between flights for a ground transfer from EZE to AEP. I don't check luggage.
That should be fine. Absent some highway closure or big wreck, it shouldn't take an hour in the car.
  • How much time to travel from downtown BA to EZE for Friday mid-morning flight to Rio? Is there a lengthy security or immigration queue?
Plan on 45 minutes. The variable here is that both lines are lightly-staffed at this hour. I've departed EZE at most hours, from early AM to midnight, and the only thing I know to expect is that I never know what I'll find until after I walk around that corner after the ticket scan pre-security. The last few times the exit passport control seems to have improved, as most Argentines can use automated gates.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
AFAIK the ABTC card is only valid in APEC member countries. Argentina, neither Asian nor Pacific, is not an APEC member.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Marambio
AFAIK the ABTC card is only valid in APEC member countries. Argentina, neither Asian nor Pacific, is not an APEC member.
I can see why the OP may have suggested the usage, Santiago,Chile has an APEC line (mostly unmanned)
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Boraxo
A few questions for my first trip to Buenos Aires:
I landed on the UA flight at 9:30 the other morning, and was outside getting on the Tienda Lion bus at 10 AM, including purchasing my ticket ( I was one of the first to get off the plane). First time I’ve seen the foreigners section so empty. Last time I was in line for about 45 minutes so it really varies

Last edited by Flying Machine; Apr 22, 2019 at 4:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.