late night ground from EZE to hotel? - help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

late night ground from EZE to hotel? - help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
There have been no anti Uber protests for some time . Might be best to check just before you come down

Cabify is also operating and I understand that the drivers they employ all have the professional licence,
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I find taking the MTL Bus and Transfer (Translado) an inexpensive and safe mode. Always use them and never an issue even with late evening arrivals. Once your bags are Xrayed on arrivals you will go throught a door into a smaller room with counters for ground services (MTL has a counter there). Let them know your final address and request the Bus/Transfer Option. They will give you a 2 part ticket. One is for the bus to Retiro and the other from there to your Hotel/Final Destination. It's important to have that 2 part ticket as they don't sell the final leg once your at the Retiro Station. Should be about $13 USD all in. .
Well, the price for a bus ride EZE Aeropuerto - Madero Terminal (as per tiendaleaon.com) is 220 pesos = $13.
Are you sure the bus+taxi transfer will still be $13?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by abeyro
Well, the price for a bus ride EZE Aeropuerto - Madero Terminal (as per tiendaleaon.com) is 220 pesos = $13.
Are you sure the bus+taxi transfer will still be $13?
Yes, My friend took it yesterday for 230 ARS..
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I find taking the MTL Bus and Transfer (Translado) an inexpensive and safe mode. Always use them and never an issue even with late evening arrivals. Once your bags are Xrayed on arrivals you will go throught a door into a smaller room with counters for ground services (MTL has a counter there). Let them know your final address and request the Bus/Transfer Option. They will give you a 2 part ticket. One is for the bus to Retiro and the other from there to your Hotel/Final Destination. It's important to have that 2 part ticket as they don't sell the final leg once your at the Retiro Station. Should be about $13 USD all in. You get on the bus and give bags to the man checking them in (hold onto your bag claim receipt) Once at Retiro claim your bags and then there will be some men with clipboards or go to the desk inside (they will ask for your final address) and there are several remise there to take you to your final destination (they wil group you into 2/3/4 passengers per car) and then route you all collectively to your respective destinations. The Remise drivers know the city like a book, drive well and load your addresses into a GPS to make the route for all drop offs.. I normally get to Palermo Viejo within 20 minutes after arrival in Retiro. Safe Travels and they will pick you up for the ride back to EZE if you make a reservation a day in advance.. Credit Cards taken as well with ease..
Thanks for this great and detailed post. We arrive about 9pm on a Friday in November so this really helps. We are a party of 2 going to the Hilton ...this definitely sounds cheaper than taxi...i like the advice for the return option as well..i think we leave on a 9pm flight so probably more traffic at that time..
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Thanks for this great and detailed post. We arrive about 9pm on a Friday in November so this really helps. We are a party of 2 going to the Hilton ...this definitely sounds cheaper than taxi...i like the advice for the return option as well..i think we leave on a 9pm flight so probably more traffic at that time..
Make sure you factor in at least 90-120 minutes to clear immigration processing upon arriving at EZE.

You'll understand when you see the line.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by jaymar01
Make sure you factor in at least 90-120 minutes to clear immigration processing upon arriving at EZE.
Is this true in the early AM as well?

Does class of service (J, F) make a difference?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
It really depends on how many flights arrive at the same time as your flight. Then how many immigration officials are manning the booths and then the attitude of customs officials - ie lackadaisical or lets look at everyone's luggage.

Early am can be very bad as US flights are a target for customs officals.

I would be more optimistic and say 60 minutes though....
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Yesterday (Friday) I arrived at ~10:00 am. I was first to the foreigner line at immigration (no waiting), luggage arrived within 15 minutes, and no waiting either in the customs line ...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by jaymar01

You'll understand when you see the line.
ReAlly... that time is rush hour for arrivals or the process is just that slow?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Yesterday (Friday) I arrived at ~10:00 am. I was first to the foreigner line at immigration (no waiting), luggage arrived within 15 minutes, and no waiting either in the customs line ...
Thanks. I'll report back in a few months!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.