Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Reliable Remis from EZE to Rosario

Reliable Remis from EZE to Rosario

Old Jan 29, 16, 10:51 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DTM
Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Posts: 70
Reliable Remis from EZE to Rosario

Hello,
I m looking for a reliable Remis service from EZE to Rosario on the 6th of Feb.
I already have a price from a service which is well know and located at the airport but the price sound to steep for me (360€!). So I would like to ask if anybody has a recommendation or an idea for alternative solution?

Many thanx in advance.

Regards,

Thrustreverse
ThrustReverse is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 7:06 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 536
Manuel Tienda León operates a shuttle bus from EZE to downtown Rosario every 3 hours or so. Price is 770 ARS, roughly 55 USD, which for the distance (320km) sounds reasonable.

If you read Spanish, you can see the schedule and book online at www.mtlrosario.com.ar
Marambio is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 11:31 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DTM
Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
Manuel Tienda León operates a shuttle bus from EZE to downtown Rosario every 3 hours or so. Price is 770 ARS, roughly 55 USD, which for the distance (320km) sounds reasonable.

If you read Spanish, you can see the schedule and book online at www.mtlrosario.com.ar
Many thanks for your reply. MTL is were I got the price from. For me this is a gringo rip off, because I m sure if you have a remis service from the neighborhood like Villa Martelli (for example) it will be much cheaper. But anyway, for me the bus is the last option and I m absolutely not looking forward to do this because I m flying in from DUS via CDG and this is enough "coach feeling" for me. So I m really looking forward to have a quick trip to Rosario but 360€ is too steep but it looks like that its my prob!!
Thanks anyway....
PS: BTW I m traveling with three pcs of luggage. This is a mess on the bus and also later to go from the bus station to my accommodation via taxi from curb side !
ThrustReverse is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 12:08 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Over the Bay Bridge, CA
Programs: Jumbo mas
Posts: 30,596
Originally Posted by ThrustReverse View Post
Many thanks for your reply. MTL is were I got the price from. For me this is a gringo rip off, because I m sure if you have a remis service from the neighborhood like Villa Martelli (for example) it will be much cheaper. But anyway, for me the bus is the last option and I m absolutely not looking forward to do this because I m flying in from DUS via CDG and this is enough "coach feeling" for me. So I m really looking forward to have a quick trip to Rosario but 360€ is too steep but it looks like that its my prob!!
Thanks anyway....
PS: BTW I m traveling with three pcs of luggage. This is a mess on the bus and also later to go from the bus station to my accommodation via taxi from curb side !
There are services other than MTL at the airport - you should inquire with them directly. MTL is always the most expensive no matter where you go - even just into the city you pay probably 20% more. (I haven't verified this in ages, but this is a historical average.) Note also that any service that pays airport extortion fees is going to be passing that along. You might check out World Car http://www.worldcar-sa.com/ to see if they can help you.
Eastbay1K is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 12:14 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,261
I presume the EUR360 (AR$4800-5000 pesos?) was for a private service, so would certainly be more than MTL shared services.

Have you looked at simply flying there? AR flights are not very expensive (about the same as the bus fare quoted), but it looks like you'd be stuck choosing between 07:20 EZE departure (almost certainly too early for you to connect) or a 18:30 AEP departure (would need to transfer downtown with your things, probably have some time to kill, and then get to AEP for a 50 minute flight).
Schultzois is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 12:26 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Over the Bay Bridge, CA
Programs: Jumbo mas
Posts: 30,596
Originally Posted by Schultzois View Post
I presume the EUR360 (AR$4800-5000 pesos?) was for a private service, so would certainly be more than MTL shared services.

Have you looked at simply flying there? AR flights are not very expensive (about the same as the bus fare quoted), but it looks like you'd be stuck choosing between 07:20 EZE departure (almost certainly too early for you to connect) or a 18:30 AEP departure (would need to transfer downtown with your things, probably have some time to kill, and then get to AEP for a 50 minute flight).
... which means (1) Add crosstown fare, (2) Add airline fare, (3) Add taxi fare at destination (from airport). With a comfortable EZE connection, however, this would be the way to go.

Here's the EZE remis list: http://www.aa2000.com.ar/taxisyremises.aspx
Eastbay1K is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 12:48 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DTM
Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
... which means (1) Add crosstown fare, (2) Add airline fare, (3) Add taxi fare at destination (from airport). With a comfortable EZE connection, however, this would be the way to go.

Here's the EZE remis list: http://www.aa2000.com.ar/taxisyremises.aspx
Many thanx for your feedback. I send out to quotation requests will see and keep you up to date.
ThrustReverse is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 3:28 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 536
Yes, MTL is always the most expensive remis from EZE, no matter where you go. I haven't taken them in ages for that reason. While 360 EUR/5500 ARS is indeed too much, I would be surprised if you find any remis below 200 EUR/3000 ARS.
Marambio is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 6:15 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Programs: BAEC/IB
Posts: 37,693
Originally Posted by ThrustReverse View Post
Many thanks for your reply. MTL is were I got the price from. For me this is a gringo rip off, because I m sure if you have a remis service from the neighborhood like Villa Martelli (for example) it will be much cheaper.
I think you're being very unfair calling it a gringo a rip off. For a start they'll have extra costs operating from EZE than a local off site taxi company.
The fare from my town to the airport which is half the distance Rosario is from EZE is between a third to half of the fare you were quoted. The car we go in won't be anywhere near as good as an MTL one.
HIDDY is offline  
Old Jan 30, 16, 7:32 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere between EZE , MAD and GLA
Programs: IB , BA , AA , AV
Posts: 392
Remember that all remise companies based at EZE must pay an important % to AA2000 , just for being there. Can you maybe find a Rosario based company to come and pick you up?
malagajohn is offline  
Old Jan 31, 16, 3:02 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,261
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
... which means (1) Add crosstown fare, (2) Add airline fare, (3) Add taxi fare at destination (from airport). With a comfortable EZE connection, however, this would be the way to go.

Here's the EZE remis list: http://www.aa2000.com.ar/taxisyremises.aspx
Correct, but crosstown fare, airline fare and fare at destination shouldn't even get close to AR$2000 (the ex-AEP airfares are AR$942, and that's in premium economy; I don't know how much my current remise charges between EZE and AEP, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 600). Going by private car will be two if not three times as expensive. But the flight schedules being limited as they are, it still may make more sense, as getting a car just to pick up and go to Rosario will undoubtedly be faster and less hassle.

If, on the other hand, the OP wants to have a nice lunch in Capital Federal, and then fly along to Rosario on Aerolineas in premium economy afterwards, he could easily do that and still have as much as a few thousand pesos left over compared to the cost of hiring a remise to drive him.
Schultzois is offline  
Old Jan 31, 16, 4:48 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DTM
Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Schultzois View Post
Correct, but crosstown fare, airline fare and fare at destination shouldn't even get close to AR$2000 (the ex-AEP airfares are AR$942, and that's in premium economy; I don't know how much my current remise charges between EZE and AEP, but I'd be surprised if it's more than 600). Going by private car will be two if not three times as expensive. But the flight schedules being limited as they are, it still may make more sense, as getting a car just to pick up and go to Rosario will undoubtedly be faster and less hassle.

If, on the other hand, the OP wants to have a nice lunch in Capital Federal, and then fly along to Rosario on Aerolineas in premium economy afterwards, he could easily do that and still have as much as a few thousand pesos left over compared to the cost of hiring a remise to drive him.
Hi Schultzois,
I like the idea to have lunch in BA and taking the plane later but unfortunately their is no late flight to Rosario on the 6th just the 7:20am flight. I arrive on the 6th at 8:50am so good no chance. Also on my flight back on the 20th I depart from EZE at 17:55 also no flight available which fit my schedule.

@Hiddy: Call it as you want but 360US$ is absolutely to steep!!!

BTW, tonight I received the following offer from another Remis service:

Good evening,

The price for transportation from Ezeiza airport to Rosario toll charges included is U$S250 (urban fleet).or U$S 350 in cars of our executive fleet. These prices are cash.

Service details:

Urban fleet:
Chevrolet Prisma, Chevrolet Cobalt or similar. The journey will have 3 stops as the cars run on CNG. ...

Executive fleet:
Renault Fluence or similar. The journey will have no stops unless the passengers wish to do so. The cars run on gasoline.

The service must be paid in cash to the driver.

What do you guys think?
ThrustReverse is offline  
Old Jan 31, 16, 9:16 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 536
I think 250 USD is a pretty decent price when you consider the distances involved, that the agency has to pay extra to AA2000 to operate ex-EZE and the fact that your trip will be the driver's only one on that day (assuming he comes back to EZE after you get off in ROS, the whole thing will take him at least 7 to 8 hours).

There are many GNC filling stations on Ruta 9 from Buenos Aires to Rosario, so unless you are really in a hurry I would not pay the extra 100 USD to get the premium car.

Which agency quoted this price?
Marambio is offline  
Old Jan 31, 16, 9:30 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DTM
Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
I think 250 USD is a pretty decent price when you consider the distances involved, that the agency has to pay extra to AA2000 to operate ex-EZE and the fact that your trip will be the driver's only one on that day (assuming he comes back to EZE after you get off in ROS, the whole thing will take him at least 7 to 8 hours).

There are many GNC filling stations on Ruta 9 from Buenos Aires to Rosario, so unless you are really in a hurry I would not pay the extra 100 USD to get the premium car.

Which agency quoted this price?
This is a very good question! Just found their website and send them a WhatsApp to request a quotation. Unfortunately didn't found their website again because I requested a hand full of remis services yesterday but still got their mobile number could send it via PM if ya want!?
ThrustReverse is offline  
Old Jan 31, 16, 9:43 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,261
Right you are about no flight on Saturday... bad luck but the ex-AEP service operates Su M Tu W Th F ...

I think it will be hard to beat the revised quote(s) you've just gotten.

The company my companion here uses is Quickcar... http://www.quickcar.com.ar no idea on pricing, and although their website shows lots of pictures of Mercedes their fleet is mostly Toyota and Citroen sedans from my experience. Quite decent service. I don't know about pricing because he has an account with them. We use them mostly for transfers to and from EZE or AEP as we keep a home here in Capital Federal.

Nevertheless, a quote request to them might not be a bad idea.
Schultzois is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread