Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Memories of Córdoba - Please Share Your Experiences

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:23 am
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I lived for a while in Córdoba. It is a nice city and the cordobeses are quite funny people. What exactly are you going to do there?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

20 days in Cordoba eh?

I assume you're going there for a reason?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:32 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
While in Cordoba, you must to see La Mona Gimenez "in Concert".....
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
While in Cordoba, you must to see La Mona Gimenez "in Concert".....
Jiménez, por favor, con jota

I take it you will be in Córdoba for a reason, either work or study. I lived in Güemes, but Nueva Córdoba is where most of the nightlife takes place, and it is also next to Parque Sarmiento, the city centre and the Ciudad Universitaria, which is convenient.

The city is not huge but it is very spread out and the bus network is not perfect. Taxis are pretty inexpensive if you have dollars, though. Renting a car can be useful during weekends. You will be there during spring, and there are many cities and towns in the Sierras which are worth visiting on day trips. Alta Gracia is nice, Villa Carlos Paz you will probably go. Traslasierra is my favourite region.

In mid-October you have the Oktoberfest ("Fiesta Nacional de la Cerveza") in Villa General Belgrano, a town populated mostly by descendants of German immigrants with many small breweries. If you plan to go, make sure you book a hotel room in advance, as the place gets very crowded.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:23 am
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by clipclop
I'm visiting just for vacation! I haven't made any specific plans yet, because 20 days is too long to plan out.

I'm hoping to learn all about Córdoba and perhaps the surrounding area in the short time I'm there..
Seems an odd place to choose.....a few days yes but 20?

I've never been to Cordoba but my wife has relations from Santa Rosa who went to university then settled there after completing their studies. From talking to them it's an okay place but more for the surrounding countryside than the city itself.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
My only memories of Cordoba took place on a UA 777 from MIA. You ask, "When did UA serve COR?" Why, the day of my first trip to Buenos Aires back in the late 90s.
(I never left the airplane.)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:21 pm

20 days in Córdoba just for tourism? Heck, why not, I guess.

The city itself is okay, in two days you will have seen pretty much everything. Then get yourself a car or hop into a bus and start exploring the small towns and cities of Córdoba province.

Are you staying in a hotel? A short-term lease might be cheaper than a hotel considering how long you are staying.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Sep 5, 2015 at 5:01 am
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by clipclop
Hello! I'm heading to Córdoba soon. I will be there for 20 days. I can't wait!

I hope those of you who have visited will share your memories of Córdoba here. Stories about unexpected surprises, friendly people... and even cautionary tales.

I promise to do the same, if it's useful/interesting to the community.

I'm going to visit Cordoba in 3 weeks time. But I take a zero of your stay. i'll do 2 days. I guess for the city it's enough.?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by christravelblog
I'm going to visit Cordoba in 3 weeks time. But I take a zero of your stay. i'll do 2 days. I guess for the city it's enough.?
2 days is perfect for Córdoba.

As a recommendation, I was in Córdoba last January with the girlfriend and we stayed at Y111, a four-star hotel at Hipólito Yrigoyen 111, in Nueva Córdoba. I don't have previous experiences with hotels in Córdoba as I rented a flat when I lived there, but this hotel we both really liked. It was inaugurated last year, and the facilities are very nice. Plus it's right at the city centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.