FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Memories of Córdoba - Please Share Your Experiences
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:18 pm
Marambio

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
While in Cordoba, you must to see La Mona Gimenez "in Concert".....
Jiménez, por favor, con jota

I take it you will be in Córdoba for a reason, either work or study. I lived in Güemes, but Nueva Córdoba is where most of the nightlife takes place, and it is also next to Parque Sarmiento, the city centre and the Ciudad Universitaria, which is convenient.

The city is not huge but it is very spread out and the bus network is not perfect. Taxis are pretty inexpensive if you have dollars, though. Renting a car can be useful during weekends. You will be there during spring, and there are many cities and towns in the Sierras which are worth visiting on day trips. Alta Gracia is nice, Villa Carlos Paz you will probably go. Traslasierra is my favourite region.

In mid-October you have the Oktoberfest ("Fiesta Nacional de la Cerveza") in Villa General Belgrano, a town populated mostly by descendants of German immigrants with many small breweries. If you plan to go, make sure you book a hotel room in advance, as the place gets very crowded.