Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Where/how to get dolar blue exchange rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where/how to get dolar blue exchange rate?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Plenty of cambio changers on Florida Street chanting "cambio, cambio". You really can't miss them. A US $20 bill will get you 14 or 14.5. A crispy $100 bill will get you XXXXXXX.
It's probably obvious to most but for some uninitiated you may want to clarify that "A US $20 bill will get you 14 or 14.5 per dollar"

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Oct 14, 2015 at 7:05 pm Reason: innacurate currency rate quoted
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Exclamation

Please note that a post above by Richardinmotion is completely inaccurate... the buy rate for Dollars has not been anywhere near 16 for various days now. Im not quoting the post because it does more harm than good.

Suggest folks check proper sources before quoting rates that may lead to false expectations.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Notice to those that want to post updated quotes for ForEx transactions. To ensure accuracy, please refrain from transcribing quotes. For those that want to provide quote updates, please post links to what you consider to be a reputable source. The goal of this is to avoid misinformation to visitors.

I appreciate the assistance and cooperation of the regular posters to this thread.

Thank you,
Gaucho100K
Moderator - Argentina Forum
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
http://www.ambito.com/economia/mercados/monedas/dolar/

Todays rate from a reputable source well known in the BsAs Financial World.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Please note that a post above by Richardinmotion is completely inaccurate... the buy rate for Dollars has not been anywhere near 16 for various days now. Im not quoting the post because it does more harm than good.

Suggest folks check proper sources before quoting rates that may lead to false expectations.
My numbers are accurate, and even conservative. I was on Florida Street the day before yesterday and spoke with several changers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:08 am

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Additional data point: I instant messaged with a trusted friend in B.A. this morning and her trusted cueva quoted this morning in the mid 15s.

As Alex will note, always subject to change.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
What some folks are also forgetting is that the rate you will receive will depend on the amount of the transaction (assuming also that you have USD100 bills in very good condition).
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
Additional data point: I instant messaged with a trusted friend in B.A. this morning and her trusted cueva quoted this morning in the mid 15s.
This is the rate that I got yesterday.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by richardinmotion
My numbers are accurate, and even conservative. I was on Florida Street the day before yesterday and spoke with several changers.
Be careful. Some things are just tooo good to be true. Safe travels.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Oct 17, 2015 at 8:39 pm Reason: only links please - no transcriptions
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
This is the rate that I got yesterday.
That is the rate I got today.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:45 am

Edging up again..

Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:51 pm

(deleted by Moderator)

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Oct 20, 2015 at 7:49 pm Reason: moderator actions not to be discussed on boards
Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:53 pm

Sell Rate is over 16 once again

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Oct 20, 2015 at 7:55 pm Reason: no commentary please - only link
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:53 pm

Exclamation Please take note

Notice to those that want to post updated quotes for ForEx transactions. To ensure accuracy, please refrain from transcribing quotes. For those that want to provide quote updates, please post links to what you consider to be a reputable source. The goal of this is to avoid misinformation to visitors.

Also, no editorializing or comments, only facts using links from Reputable Sources.

For comments/opinions etc. - please start a relevant thread over on OMNI.

I appreciate the assistance and cooperation of the regular posters to this thread.

Thank you,
Gaucho100K
Moderator - Argentina Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.