Wiki Posts
Search

Doing business in Argentina

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
To think all this anti Argentina propaganda was started by someone who resents having to pay a couple more pesos for an empanada.
(1) It isn't necessarily propaganda
(2) It has nothing to do with travel. It is all about politics, and FT has a place for that.
(3) Maybe it isn't 100% politics. Part is about law. Of course, I'm no expert on the Hague Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments. But I know it exists.

As far as the poster I'm quoting here, don't worry, although you are an Ambassador, I don't think anyone is going to seize your mosquito-infested embajada in the campo.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(2) It has nothing to do with travel. It is all about politics, and FT has a place for that.
Personally I have no appetite for talking politics too deeply on a travel forum but hey ho maybe that's just me.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:21 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Personally I have no appetite for talking politics too deeply on a travel forum but hey ho maybe that's just me.
Politics explains a great deal. Discussing it on these travel forums is not only necessary, it's informative. Not only in the case of Aerolineas and why their a/c are not impounded. Hiddy, as you well know, the cultural politics of the UK also explain the corporate Dilbertism of BA and the reign of the Nigels and Nigellas at SpeedToad House and then Waterworld. Although, having used BA of late I can say there have been some improvements to operational functionality. Even in the case of - gasp - irop.

Also, the last time I landed at BA, the Argentine immigration official practically insisted that I use my UK passport to enter. Despite the official posturing and blowhards in the Casa and Downing Street, at street level I didn't sense antagonism towards UK citizens...but then I had my US passport in hand just in case they tried to tar me as one of the enemy.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by redtailshark

Also, the last time I landed at BA, the Argentine immigration official practically insisted that I use my UK passport to enter. Despite the official posturing and blowhards in the Casa and Downing Street, at street level I didn't sense antagonism towards UK citizens...but then I had my US passport in hand just in case they tried to tar me as one of the enemy.
EZE immigration officers are amongst the best anywhere in the world I've been so it doesn't surprise me that they wanted you to use your UK passport.
As for discussing politics....I've better things to do with my time to be honest.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
EZE immigration officers are amongst the best anywhere in the world I've been so it doesn't surprise me that they wanted you to use your UK passport.
As for discussing politics....I've better things to do with my time to be honest.
Does that mean you vote for Scottish independence, Connery-style, while comfortably resident in Boca?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Does that mean you vote for Scottish independence, Connery-style, while comfortably resident in Boca?
Shertainly not.....how did you know I was MI6 anyway?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:39 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Shertainly not.....how did you know I was MI6 anyway?
MI6...... wow, thats exactly what we needed around here....
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
They rubbed it inl run big time in when argentina beatCanad 8-1 in the worldwide in th wc2010 this was At eze i waswearing a boca .... also
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:11 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by HIDDY; Jun 24, 2012 at 12:41 pm
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:38 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Krazyglue
They rubbed it inl run big time in when argentina beatCanad 8-1 in the worldwide in th wc2010 this was At eze i waswearing a boca .... also
sniffing that crazy glue again
, eh?

Canada never qualified for the WC2010, but was beaten in River Stadium in late May in a friendly just before 5-0, which was actually a victory for Canada in context. i was there. Just for the record
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Krazyglue
Well, if Argentina played Canada in Ice Hockey, it would be a 25-0 affair....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.