Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

EZE Reciprocity fee entry OR exit fee (either or)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:14 am
Original Poster

So i am debating flying into GIG (from DFW), staying there for a few days, and then going overland to Iguazu, then overland to Buenos Aires. Then a flight back to DFW from EZE.

My question is, will i be hit with the infamous reciprocity fee at EZE if i am departing from there back to the USA, and not landing there?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by longleaf

My question is, will i be hit with the infamous reciprocity fee at EZE if i am departing from there back to the USA, and not landing there?
No. Only payable upon arrival at EZE/AEP.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by longleaf
So i am debating flying into GIG (from DFW), staying there for a few days, and then going overland to Iguazu, then overland to Buenos Aires. Then a flight back to DFW from EZE.

Rio to Buenos Aires is a loooong overland trip. You would also avoid the reciprocity fee if you crossed the land border into Argentina and then flew from IGR to AEP (being a domestic flight, you would not pass through immigration again upon arrival in Buenos Aires).

The departure tax of US$29 will automatically be included in the cost of your EZE-DFW ticket and is not payable at the airport anymore
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britenbsas
Rio to Buenos Aires is a loooong overland trip. You would also avoid the reciprocity fee if you crossed the land border into Argentina and then flew from IGR to AEP (being a domestic flight, you would not pass through immigration again upon arrival in Buenos Aires).

The departure tax of US$29 will automatically be included in the cost of your EZE-DFW ticket and is not payable at the airport anymore
That is a great point. I may consider IGR to AEP
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by britenbsas
You would also avoid the reciprocity fee if you crossed the land border into Argentina and then flew from IGR to AEP (being a domestic flight, you would not pass through immigration again upon arrival in Buenos Aires).
FWIW, there is a sort-of internal immigration check when flying from outlying points in Argentina to BsAs, especially cities "near" land boundaries.

Definitely a police check of documents at SLA when flying to BsAs late 2009 but not from REL (not near anywhere interesting). I almost seem to remember such a check at IGR in 2003. However, I don't think they're looking for payment of reciprocal fees.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 4:35 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
No fees for land entries.... my only doubt at this point is what happens with cruise ship pax that arrive at the Buenos Aires terminal... any reports on this...?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
No fees for land entries....
Which makes a mockery of the fee. It shouldn't matter how one arrives into the country.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Which makes a mockery of the fee. It shouldn't matter how one arrives into the country.
No, but at some point, since it is a retaliatory fee, there wouldn't be much point to have every entry point manned for the handful of countries that are subject to the fee. They probably figure 1/2 the cruise pax are hit (those departing BUE) and the other 1/2 are hit by Chile. The other points would be nothing more than a jobs program (so I'm surprised it hasn't happened. Obras para todos, no?)
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Lighten up Dude.... think of the costs involved in the new computerized booths that have to be built...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No, but at some point, since it is a retaliatory fee, there wouldn't be much point to have every entry point manned for the handful of countries that are subject to the fee. They probably figure 1/2 the cruise pax are hit (those departing BUE) and the other 1/2 are hit by Chile. The other points would be nothing more than a jobs program (so I'm surprised it hasn't happened. Obras para todos, no?)
Hmmm... are you consulting for De Vido...??
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Lighten up Dude.... think of the costs involved
I would do the job for nothing just to see their faces......I know all their dodges in order to avoid paying the fee. Just as they smugly set foot on Argentina soil at MDZ or when they come off the Uruguay ferry I would be waiting to charge them.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I would do the job for nothing just to see their faces......I know all their dodges in order to avoid paying the fee. Just as they smugly set foot on Argentina soil at MDZ or when they come off the Uruguay ferry I would be waiting to charge them.
And that would just to recoup the AR$5000 the government spent (unnecessarily) on processing your DNI!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:58 pm

And that would just to recoup the AR$5000 the government spent (unnecessarily) on processing your DNI!
ouch !!!!!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:28 pm

Don't remind me.

They spelt my middle name wrong and I was advised to get it corrected. So just before Christmas it was sent back.....I'm still waiting for its return.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:22 am

Don't remind me.

They spelt my middle name wrong and I was advised to get it corrected. So just before Christmas it was sent back.....I'm still waiting for its return.
Patience is a virtue......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.