Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Salvador and Argentina from SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

El Salvador and Argentina from SFO

Daughter is studying in El Salvador for 4 months (Aug-Dec) and we have an opportunity to visit her for 5 days (San Salvador) over Thanksgiving. We have always wanted to go to Argentina and are wondering if it is smart to try to do this in the same trip. I have tried to do some preliminary air searches on Kayak, TACA, United.
Kayak quoted $1696
TACA was about $1266
and United wanted us to connect back via US on the SAL-BUE leg.
Any suggestions?
Or we may decide to go to Costa Rica instead.
Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:15 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Have you checked COPA through the hub of the americas....??
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
COPA and TACA are going to be your only airlines without a lot of backtracking, but will make for a very long return on narrow body planes. Maybe UA has a joint fare with one of them, because you can fly UA SFO/MEX and then EZE/IAD/SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.