Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires: Iguazua:Salta: BA - Planes/Trains or Automobiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile

Having a wicked tough time figuring this out...

i'm going to ARG for 11 days in July... and thinking about Buenos Aires:Iguazu:Salta than BA/Home...

how does one get from Iguazu to Salta? all i can find are flights via BA....
and to make things odder... i cant seem to find any flights leaving Iguazu to any where BUT BA.... is this true?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You can get very nice luxury bus trips from almost any point to any point in Argentina. Many lines have essentially flat bed seats that fold out and allow you to sleep quite well, and you wake up in the next city. I particularly liked the company Via Bariloche, and traveled all around the country with them. Saves the cost of a night in a hotel as well. I also had nice service from the Andesmar bus company, though not a fully flat bed, more like a first class airline seat.

Nice benefit is that you get to see more of the country as you travel.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer

how does one get from Iguazu to Salta? all i can find are flights via BA....
and to make things odder... i cant seem to find any flights leaving Iguazu to any where BUT BA.... is this true?
Andes Air has weekday service between IGR and SLA

www.andesonline.com

John
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
thanks everyone!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:09 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes... but remember that expectation management has to be in place for Andes.... even more so than with Aerolineas Argentinas.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

oh dear gaucho... what does that mean?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:09 pm

I sure hope you are going to be going to Patios de Cafayate as well! I would love to go down there. Sheraton Salta too? Hope the upgrade gods are with you!
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

oh dear gaucho... what does that mean?
What I mean is be prepared to deal with delays if something goes wrong. Andes is a small carrier so they cant just send a replacement plane....
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Andes Air has weekday service between IGR and SLA

www.andesonline.com

John
John,

Any good way to go from BA to Iguazua?

Thanks,
Karung99
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL:Plat HI: Plat, CO Onepass: Plat
Salta - and no Spanish.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yes... but remember that expectation management has to be in place for Andes.... even more so than with Aerolineas Argentinas.
Could you also comment if I can fly over from BsAs to Salta for a weekend and see Salta/Cayafete despite not knowing any spanish? I am going to ARG for work and staying in the BsAs area and understand that I can get by despite not knowing the language in that city for the most part ; what I am not sure about is whether I should be adventurous enough to make the trip to Salta with my lack of Spanish knowledge. (sorry for the thread crapping but I didn't wnt to open a special thread for such a simple question)
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redheadlover
Could you also comment if I can fly over from BsAs to Salta for a weekend and see Salta/Cayafete despite not knowing any spanish? I am going to ARG for work and staying in the BsAs area and understand that I can get by despite not knowing the language in that city for the most part ; what I am not sure about is whether I should be adventurous enough to make the trip to Salta with my lack of Spanish knowledge. (sorry for the thread crapping but I didn't wnt to open a special thread for such a simple question)
Redheadlover... you will miss out on any kind of wine tasting classes... but otherwise you will be fine... i just came back... my spanish is pretty decent so i was fine with the classes... but aside from that... all menus are in english... and with some basic knowledge you will be fine.

Cafayate is an amazing place... i'm going to be posting everything i did there shortly...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL:Plat HI: Plat, CO Onepass: Plat
Boston, no worries; I am going solely to see the amazing scenery (and also just to see another part of Argentina outside of BsAs. Winetasting isn't on my list of things to do. I leave next week for Argentina and while I'll try to add a few more words to my vocabulary, I doubt I will get past a few dozen words.
Thanks for replying and I'll be keeping an eye out for your report

Redheadlover... you will miss out on any kind of wine tasting classes... but otherwise you will be fine... i just came back... my spanish is pretty decent so i was fine with the classes... but aside from that... all menus are in english... and with some basic knowledge you will be fine.

Cafayate is an amazing place... i'm going to be posting everything i did there shortly...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:19 pm

Having just come back from my 5th trip to Salta.... but this time with the family, I cant say enough what an amazing trip Salta can be, and especially the road trip to Cafayate.... for those looking for amazing scenery.... this is one of those trips of a lifetime.

However... please note that the road trip from Salta to Cafayate is not something that can be done in one day quick turn-around type trips... unless you are willing to do it in a Porsche Cayenne and break all possible laws & speed limits. The drives are very scenic and can take Camel Trophy like characteristics if you do the Route 40 to Cachi option..... but its something to do with time, else its going to be very hard to enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.