Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW of Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Cool NW of Argentina

This is my first post and hope not the last one. The main reason why I loined this forum is to provide some of the info people need when they think about ht nw as a possible destination.
I must confess the nw is not as famous as Patagonia , but maybe it is because people usually look those places which are already known, but if you want something really unique which in addition has a beautiful spanish colonial style architecture, indian culture, great food, excellent wines, and warm people, just add Salta and the nw of Argentina in your next list. As a part of Argentina, nw, this wonderful corner of the country has all the necessary to make you feel you made the best choice.
I hope to be helpful.
Giena
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:45 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Giena.... welcome aboard !!!! I look forward to seeing lots of your posts which will help FTers that wish to visit the great NW areas of Argentina... ^

Please see my welcome thread here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argen...na-forums.html
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
My partner and I just did a fairly big circuit of Salta, Jujuy and a bit of Tucuman. Big trip report to follow.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Trip report with photos
Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Trip report with photos
Great report !!!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Great report !!!
Indeed...one of the best I've read.

A valuable resource for anyone who plans heading up that way.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:30 pm

I wanted to publicly thank Giena for her invaluable advice & help in planning my 10 day Salta trip.... it was my first trip up there with the family and I had an amazing time.... Giena was right on will all her advice and the arrangements she made for me were perfect.

Kudos to Giena for your great work and thanks to you and all your team.... I cant say enough good things for all you have done for me and the family.... ^
Old Jul 30, 2010, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Gaucho 100K, I hope you post a detailed review soon...
Did you see the snow during your stay??
I like your quotation!!!! I like the meaning of "the right side of the Andes!!!!!!"
Thank you. Gaucho!
Giena
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:53 am

I have tons of photos but I still need to download them to my computer and do the usual sorting and editing, etc. I hope to have some time to write a report over the next couple of days...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:06 am

Gaucho-- glad you enjoyed your Salta trip. As I might have mentioned, we met Giena during out trip and we had read her online posts before our trip-- lots of great information.

Did you make it to Colome?

LAst Sunday's NYT had a travel article on Jujuy,
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:02 pm

Didnt go to Colome this time around.... but I have been there on various occasions. This was a family trip so I didnt feel like dragging the wife & kids to something work related....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.