Arrival in EZE with expanded passport?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Arrival in EZE with expanded passport?

Hi,
I have a US passport and have traveled a lot the past 6 years and therefor had to get extra pages added. The pages that the passport offices added are not the same looking pages as the ones that were already in the passport and used. They are the type of pages that are added to the passports that are issued today and not the old kind issued in 2003-2004.

Will there be any problem at customs in EZE as I heard that they are strict with passports?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I have 2 sets of extra pages, including some of the "new" pages inserted at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires. You should not have any issues.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
Your passport is fine.

Now, be prepared to pay the new U$S 131 reciprocity fee at customs. I was surprised by this fee yesterday. Way to go, USA!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by m60521
Your passport is fine.

Now, be prepared to pay the new U$S 131 reciprocity fee at customs. I was surprised by this fee yesterday. Way to go, USA!
It's good for 10 years (or til your passport expires). I think I'll visit again by then.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:04 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Please note that the reciprocity fee may go up anytime now, as the US Visa has been increased to US$140.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will be fine.
I have added pages to my passport four times, and although the new ones do look very strange (to me anyway), there has never been a problem at EZE.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
I used my expanded passport twice at eze and twice at AEP. Not a problem at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.