Search

Patagonia or Tierra del Fuego Luxury or Aman-like Properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Marriott Gold
Patagonia or Tierra del Fuego Luxury or Aman-like Properties

Hello,
I am looking for top of the line luxury in any area of Southern Argentina where I can have a full outdoor adventure. I can do Bariloche, Calafate, Ushuaia, anywhere (as long as it's easy enough to get to from BA).

What I'm looking for are properties that provide FULL SERVICE. I care less about fancy gold plated bathroom fixtures or vosges chocolates on my pillow. I want excellent service and food. Good guides that know where/how to get you around to maximize our time there. I also dont care if its a b&b, boutique hotel or large resort. (Among the three types we prefer smaller more personal properties).

I've come across EOLO, Los Cerros, and some other properties but am looking for something like an aman in the region. Do those qualify in that full service, all inclusive type sense? I have also seen Explora patagonia (which i know is in chile) but am afraid that might be too much of a break the bank.
Would love any suggestions, including those that I can use through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts.

Thank you all!!!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:45 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Im not sure there is anything like an Aman property in the areas you are considering. I would say that the chances are you will have to consider one of the top places in Calafate or Bariloche.

Have you looked at Hosteria Los Notros...?

Also, I would forget the Llao Llao.... they dont live up to their hype/expectations.

Have you tried calling the Amex Concierge service and having them give you options...?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K

Have you looked at Hosteria Los Notros...?

Also, I would forget the Llao Llao.... they dont live up to their hype/expectations.

Have you tried calling the Amex Concierge service and having them give you options...?
I've hear Los Notros is not worth the hassle of getting there, compared to nearby properties. And thanks for the feedback re Llao Llao. I considered it since its listed as an Amex property. I did call them and they had a lot of trouble coming up with rates and availability. I dont know if its because the calendar year is ending and they dont have new rates (which I doubt) bc I've never really had trouble getting info re their FHR properties.

Any thoughts on the properties I mentioned or Esplendor?
Anything in Chalten?
Also, sorry to trouble you with another question but based on your location and stats I thought you might know... I'm considering squeezing Valpo in there cause I've heard its just spectacular. However, getting to and from Southern Argentina to SCL then Valpo is proving difficult. Have you heard of some luxury overnight bus liner that does something like that? Someone mentioned it to me but couldnt recall needed details. Described it as traveling business class on a bus... Cant find anything on google or blogs about it.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Im afraid I dont know of a luxury bus to Valparaiso.... others here may be able to give further details.

My last stay at Los Notros was very very nice... but then again I was invited by a Winery and maybe I got special treatment.

Can help much on the other properties you mention.... aside from what you will hear here, I suggest you also check out TripAdvisor.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Will do. And thanks so much for the quick and helfpul replies.
Looking forward to all our time in Argentina!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by bobjunior
Will do. And thanks so much for the quick and helfpul replies.
Looking forward to all our time in Argentina!
Glad to be able to help.... feel free to PM me if you need anything specific to wine & food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.