Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Miles into United Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2002, 3:59 am

Does it work the other way around? Can I move my United miles to Amtrak then Amtrak to Continental?

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2002, 7:18 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Travelmann---In a word -NO!
Old Sep 20, 2002, 9:39 pm

If there is a way to redeem CO miles for AA miles at a 1:1 ratio, please let me know! I am all over that.........
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cab747:
If there is a way to redeem CO miles for AA miles at a 1:1 ratio, please let me know! I am all over that.........</font>

I wish !!! Sadly, no.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 5:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gardener:
How does this work? Does it end up being 1 for 1 (UA for CO miles)?</font>
I don't know if this is true, but goodknight says UAL no longer allows any Amtrak transfer.

Old Sep 21, 2002, 6:36 am

If Goodnight is right, this is huge since it would nullify the entire MBNA AMTRAK credit card tie in to UA.

Has anyone chased this down?
Old Sep 21, 2002, 10:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mountain Trader:
Has anyone chased this down?</font>
I just spoke to Mileage Plus and was told you can still move Amtrak points to United miles. Moving United miles to Amtrak points has never been allowed.

Old Sep 21, 2002, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA1Kmm
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Family flyer:
[I just spoke to Mileage Plus and was told you can still move Amtrak points to United miles. Moving United miles to Amtrak points has never been allowed.

[/B]</font>
You are correct, Family flyer,...At the time I was just passing on what a MP rep. told me when I was planning UA-Amtrak-CO shuffle. She did specify that it would not work either way..But, as you say, today we are told OK to move Amtrak&gt;UA...

Old Sep 23, 2002, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gardener:

I think the other interesting wrinkle here is:

Amex Memb Rewards -&gt; Continetal -&gt; Amtrak -&gt; United.

Amex MR normally only transfers to US, CO, and DL, but this would bring UA into the fold.</font>
So let me get this right - 5000 Amex ends up being 5000 UA?

------------------
~ Glen ~ Calling all United 1K Members - please join .. www.1Kflyers.com
Old Sep 29, 2002, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Bump ..... any idea on the above?

------------------
~ Glen ~ Calling all United 1K Members - please join .. www.1Kflyers.com
Old Sep 29, 2002, 7:12 am

Yes, 5,00 AMEX becomes 5,000 UA miles.
Old Oct 5, 2002, 11:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
I finally got enough Membership rewards pts. transferred to my Continental Account and also transferred 50,000 Continental Miles into my Amtrak Account. Now - my question is - How soon will the points show up in Amtrak? in order for me to transfer those points to United? And how long will the transfer from Amtrak to United take? I'm working against time constraints - need to pull a United award ticket in mid December..... Does anyone have experience with these transfers? Thank for the "heads up"..
Old Oct 5, 2002, 12:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ReneeMoss:
Now - my question is - How soon will the points show up in Amtrak? in order for me to transfer those points to United? And how long will the transfer from Amtrak to United take? </font>
If you read a few posts up in this very thread you will see that we discussed this issue.

I quote "Average transfer times are 10 business days for CO-&gt;Amtrak and 5 business days for Amtrak-&gt;UA".

Old Oct 8, 2002, 4:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ReneeMoss:
I finally got enough Membership rewards pts. transferred to my Continental Account and also transferred 50,000 Continental Miles into my Amtrak Account. Now - my question is - How soon will the points show up in Amtrak? in order for me to transfer those points to United? And how long will the transfer from Amtrak to United take? I'm working against time constraints - need to pull a United award ticket in mid December..... Does anyone have experience with these transfers? Thank for the "heads up"..</font>
Old Oct 8, 2002, 4:20 pm

I finally got enough Membership rewards pts. transferred to my Continental Account and also transferred 50,000 Continental Miles into my Amtrak Account. Now - my question is - How soon will the points show up in Amtrak? in order for me to transfer those points to United? And how long will the transfer from Amtrak to United take? I'm working against time constraints - need to pull a United award ticket in mid December..... Does anyone have experience with these transfers? Thank for the "heads up"..</font>
I transfered 10,000 miles, one pass to Amtrak in early August. They showed as leaving on August 10, a week later. I still do not see them at Amtrak and am now on my third phone call. Amtrak had done nothing and One Pass is looking into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.