Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Star food ???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2023, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Silver Star food ???

I'll be travelling on the Silver Star later this month from MIA-NYP. I'm travelling solo and I'm in a roomette. I know what the roomette experience is like as I've done the Capitol Limited 2x's and from NOL-WAS 1x so I know what it is like and I'm so excited to do the sleeper car again!!!!!!. Can anyone tell me if roomette meals are being served again in the dining car or are they still brought to your room? Or do you get to choose which method you'd like? Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: AGR WOH
Traditional Dining is back on the Silver services as of June:
https://media.amtrak.com/2023/06/amt...d-silver-star/

IIRC, you can still choose either dining car or in-room. Both were options for Flexible Dining, too.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Hey man. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I just took the train yesterday and you are correct, both were options. I was THRILLED that I could still eat in the room. I rather enjoy the solitude of the train and having food delivered to room was amazing. The sleeper car attendant was PHENOMENAL. Phenomenal in that I shared with him at the beginning of my trip what I'd hoped for - wanted to be left alone unless meal orders taken - and that I could make my own bed, etc. He honored that so nicely and yet was still "around." Just an amazing experience. Looking forward to my next Amtrak sleeper car experience!! Food was good. I was a tad disappointed that they only had one protein meal available at lunch but the burger that I chose had REALLY nice flavor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.