Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When to start worrying?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

When to start worrying?

When should I start worrying if points haven't posted to my account?

I know Amtrak says it can take up to 21 days for points to post, but in the past I suppose I've been fortunate as they've never taken more than a few days.

I had invited two friends to join AGR and we took a trip nearly two weeks ago. The points (and bonus 500) hasn't posted for any of us, even after sending in a missing points request.

Do you think they are 'lost'?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Slayer Essence
When should I start worrying if points haven't posted to my account?

I know Amtrak says it can take up to 21 days for points to post, but in the past I suppose I've been fortunate as they've never taken more than a few days.

I had invited two friends to join AGR and we took a trip nearly two weeks ago. The points (and bonus 500) hasn't posted for any of us, even after sending in a missing points request.

Do you think they are 'lost'?
You can start worrying anytime you like. Taking action before day 22 may get ignored. Give them time to work it through but start pushing for a resolution once the 21 days are up.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RogerD408
You can start worrying anytime you like. Taking action before day 22 may get ignored. Give them time to work it through but start pushing for a resolution once the 21 days are up.
I do find it odd and contradictory that they state 21 days however they do let you fill out a missing point request after 7 days.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Slayer Essence
I do find it odd and contradictory that they state 21 days however they do let you fill out a missing point request after 7 days.
I believe in the beginning it was 7 days, but then with all the outsourcing and process changes they needed more time.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
I traveled with some friends on January 16 - 18, and none of those trips have posted. There were about 10 of us that used multiple trains, including NEC and long distance. All the tickets were properly scanned. Nothing for any of them. Oddly, trips made in January 19 have posted. It might be a processing snafu somewhere at Amtrak.

If your trips were on those dates, you are not alone.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NovaEngr
I traveled with some friends on January 16 - 18, and none of those trips have posted. There were about 10 of us that used multiple trains, including NEC and long distance. All the tickets were properly scanned. Nothing for any of them. Oddly, trips made in January 19 have posted. It might be a processing snafu somewhere at Amtrak.

If your trips were on those dates, you are not alone.
Yes they were, Mine was on January 17.

Glad to hear I'm not alone - but I hope everything is resolved smoothly.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:47 pm

My Acela roundtrip from WAS-NYP on Thursday, January 15 also did not post.

My wife's Acela roundtrip from WAS-NYP, a week later, already posted.

A few days ago, I entered my missing trips on-line. Nothing has happened.

Something is screwed up.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
My Jan 16th NYP to BOS acela ride did not post.

My Jan 22nd same day round trip from NYP to ALB has posted.

Agree with others - something is screwed up. I've also put in a missing points request
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Way back in the olden days of paper, postings were dependent upon when the train reached it's final destination (not when you got off). I'm thinking with the scanners that the system gets the info at time of scan and is not done in batch mode. Anyone know for sure?

AGR is going to insist upon waiting the designated time before posting a missing trip. Just re-enforces the need to keep documents (paper or electronic) until all is done.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:59 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
The ticket lift is seen more or less instantly, and every conductor's iPhone would see that your ticket had been lifted by another conductor. However, processing for revenue purposes and other things are still done in a batch mode. And that includes processing each day's scans for AGR as a batch on Amtrak's mainframe, which is then transmitted to AGR's system.

And therefore it would seem that something somehow held up the processing of the batches from that weekend. What that is, I have no idea. But I was out traveling that weekend too and I know that my tickets were lifted properly; so it's really a matter of waiting for Amtrak to figure out why those batches weren't processed.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, HH Honors, Marriott
I traveled on January 15th, January 17th and January 19th. My points have not posted for the 15th or the 17th, but posted for the 19th. I submitted the missing points form on line for the 1/15/15 trip last night and have not yet heard back.
I was with a group of people who traveled on the 17th and none of our points have posted.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Mine haven't posted for 1/18. Going to ride this out a little longer. Hopefully, they are aware the problem is widespread.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:17 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
A posting delay on a very few specific travel dates was identified and is being resolved this week. Our program terms allow us three weeks to post regular earnings.

Anthony
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, HH Honors, Marriott
All my missing points posted tonight. Thank you Anthony.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update!

Points were posted for my referral bonus, and return leg in the evening. (NYP->PHL)

But I'm still missing the 100 points from that mornings (PHL->NYP) run

This was on 1/17/2015.

In any event, glad it's being sorted and I have faith! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.