Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for adding your Amtrak Guest Rewards account to Google Wallet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus points for adding your Amtrak Guest Rewards account to Google Wallet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:31 am

Wow. Posted in 3 minutes.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:14 pm

signed up! hope i'm in the first 10k
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:26 pm

Points posted immediately as of 8:26pm EST. Offer still open!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:36 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Just did this for both myself and father. 500 points for each of us posted instantly. ^
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by jneslund
I have been a guest rewards member since it's inception but for some reason this app association won't recognize me as a member. I have gone through the Google Wallet help and verified everything in Amtrak and yet it won't go. I have even checked for typos, cause I have been down that road before. Any help would be appreciated.
I finally got this to work from within the Amtrak Rewards site itself. There was a button in my profile to link to my Google Wallet. I wanted to let you know incase anyone else has the same issue.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Just got my 500 points. Gracias!!!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
500 points posted, all right!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Offer is still on - just got my 500 points.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by AlanB
Sadly No, even this wouldn't have helped to keep your points from expiring. Only paid travel on Amtrak or holding the AGR credit card from Chase can keep your points from expiring.

If they just expired within the last month or two, sometimes one can call AGR and get them back if you book an immediate paid trip. No promises, but there have been reports of this happening in the past.
Just a reminder that Amtrak Guest Rewards points expire 36 months after your last paid Amtrak trip (and no expiration if you have an open AGR Mastercard). That's twice as generous as United Airlines policy.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by DCBob
Just a reminder that Amtrak Guest Rewards points expire 36 months after your last paid Amtrak trip (and no expiration if you have an open AGR Mastercard). That's twice as generous as United Airlines policy.
Considering that UA's clock is reset with any mileage activity and Amtrak requires travel, I'd say that United's policy is much more generous.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
For those of you thinking that you missed the first cut of 10k people who get 500 bonus points....it's not too late. I just did this right now and the 500 points posted in a couple minutes. Nice!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Be aware that, by downloading the Google Wallet app, you are granting Google permission to access personal information about you and provide that information to Google affiliates. That permission includes the pulling of credit reports. For me, the 500 bonus points (that I value at about $10) is not worth my voluntarily opening up my finances to Google.

The Privacy Policy is one of those long winded documents that everyone (including me) usually attests to having read when, in fact, we never even looked at it. Maybe because I don't really trust Google, I did this time. Absent any compelling need or advantage to using Google Wallet, I decided it was not worth 500 points. YMMV.

Google Wallet Privacy Policy
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:09 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
PHLviaUS: Thanks for sharing your feedback. Feel free to check out the Google Wallet Privacy Notice to find an "opt-out" for sharing this information: https://wallet.google.com/files/privacy.html

Anthony
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GfL
Now if someone can just tell me what Google Wallet is good for... I downloaded the app and got my 500 points, but I have no idea what it does.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Now if someone can just tell me what Google Wallet is good for... I downloaded the app and got my 500 points, but I have no idea what it does.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Wallet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.