Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for adding your Amtrak Guest Rewards account to Google Wallet

Bonus points for adding your Amtrak Guest Rewards account to Google Wallet

Old Nov 19, 13, 6:59 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Cool Bonus points for adding your Amtrak Guest Rewards account to Google Wallet

By teaming up with Google Wallet, we're giving members a smart, convenient way to keep account information and point balances at their fingertips by securely storing them on their smartphone. Be one of the first 10,000 members to add your Amtrak Guest Rewards account to Google Wallet and earn 500 bonus points. Download Google Wallet for free at Google Play or the Apple App Store. Additional members are eligible to earn 100 bonus points. Offer will expire December 15, 2013.

Anthony Rizos
Program Manager, Loyalty Marketing
Amtrak
Washington, DC
Old Nov 19, 13, 8:22 pm

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
Cool Bonus Points for Google Wallet

^Done and Done! Thanks and Keep 'em Coming Anthony!
Old Nov 19, 13, 8:50 pm

Perfect!

FYI for those on Android (since it took me a minute to figure it out):
Press on the W logo on the upper left, and then press Loyalty Programs. AGR will be there to add! If your last name is pre-entered when it gets to the verification question, that's normal; it's verifying with your last name and Wallet auto-adds your last name that you have on your Wallet account.
Old Nov 19, 13, 8:53 pm

Programs: AGR
It wants to scan a bar code, which I don't have.

Any way to do that if I don't have my AGR card handy?

Edit: Nevermind, I are dumb. Tap on the "skip" button in the iOS app and it lets you put in your AGR number.

Last edited by HokieNav; Nov 19, 13 at 8:55 pm Reason: Figured it out
Old Nov 19, 13, 9:00 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, HH Honors, Marriott
Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 13, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Hyatt Exp, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
too late All my points previously expired. Too bad, this would've been a nice way to keep them active.
Old Nov 19, 13, 9:21 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry View Post
too late All my points previously expired. Too bad, this would've been a nice way to keep them active.
Sadly No, even this wouldn't have helped to keep your points from expiring. Only paid travel on Amtrak or holding the AGR credit card from Chase can keep your points from expiring.

If they just expired within the last month or two, sometimes one can call AGR and get them back if you book an immediate paid trip. No promises, but there have been reports of this happening in the past.
Old Nov 19, 13, 9:53 pm

Awesome, all taken care of. Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 13, 6:33 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Cool, thanks for the heads up, AGR Insider!
Old Nov 20, 13, 8:04 am

Thanks! And as a bonus, the points posted for me within five minutes!
Old Nov 20, 13, 8:29 am

Programs: AGR Select+, Hilton Gold, Luv SWA, wish their points wud transfer to Amtrak.....
Super Fast! (Hey, it's the "Internets")

Wow! That WAS instant Anthony, thanks for the tip. Keep up the good work and partnering.

Now, if u could just shake loose some of that Google cash, and convince them to buy-then-refurbish the old SF Highlevels, Amtrak cud have PPC's on every LD train.

(Hey, it' MY recurring dream....., which I will post wherever I can, hoping SOMEone within 6 degrees of separation will plant this seed in Sergey's mind.....stranger things HAVE happened. Look what "nutty" RE: Outside-The-Box, things Branson is doing in the UK, and in space....)
Old Nov 20, 13, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jebr View Post
Perfect!

FYI for those on Android (since it took me a minute to figure it out):
Press on the W logo on the upper left, and then press Loyalty Programs. AGR will be there to add! If your last name is pre-entered when it gets to the verification question, that's normal; it's verifying with your last name and Wallet auto-adds your last name that you have on your Wallet account.
These are helpful instructions. If perhaps your Wallet app is not up to date - oops - that is a good place to start. (My somewhat older version didn't jibe with jebr's reference at all.)
Old Nov 20, 13, 9:07 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards
Won't Verify for me - Any Ideas

I have been a guest rewards member since it's inception but for some reason this app association won't recognize me as a member. I have gone through the Google Wallet help and verified everything in Amtrak and yet it won't go. I have even checked for typos, cause I have been down that road before. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 20, 13, 9:25 am
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Originally Posted by jneslund View Post
I have been a guest rewards member since it's inception but for some reason this app association won't recognize me as a member. I have gone through the Google Wallet help and verified everything in Amtrak and yet it won't go. I have even checked for typos, cause I have been down that road before. Any help would be appreciated.
Does the name on your account match exactly?

Anthony
Old Nov 20, 13, 9:35 am

Programs: UA, Hilton, Hertz
Great simple promo.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: