Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Site and Rail Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: US Silver Hilton Gold SPG Gold Marriott Plat AA Gold
Still no love. This is unbelievable. I wish I could still see my old promos, but my select bonus points are not being included in my point for status. Unfortunately, I can't just pick a different carrier. I could always grab the next Norfolk southern box car coming by.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Thanks, Vicky, my account is fixed as of today. It's back to S+ and correctly showing that I've reached S+ for 2011. ^ There are other pending general issues as mentioned, but this was the most worrisome.
No love here, but did get an AGR email response that was a "sorry we're working on it" with no timeline to correct the problems they are having.

Patience wearing thin folks - is there any eta for when this will be fixed?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Same here. Just sent out a second email. Not sure what those 400 "Goodwill" points were that they put into my account on Monday (no email explanation), but they were not applied to my railpoints total for the year (the points that count toward status), which is where I was missing the points in the first place.

Of course I still waiting for a single trip to post since the new site went live.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:03 pm

Still no updates

This has to be one of the worst client experiences ever. No updates, radio silence, but they are proud to show the new and improved website every time I check the site. No mileage updates since the "upgrade", my rail points are screwed up, no details on any of my trips when I click on 'Details'. What should I expect from a government entity.

I hope they have a better plan for the new next generation high speed rail for the northeast. If you can't get a website right, how can you expect to get a train to travel 200+?

Last edited by blcst101; Oct 18, 2010 at 8:59 pm
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:45 pm

yep quite disgraceful - still waiting - but par for the course when you get a bunch of moronic govt employees together
Old Oct 18, 2010, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received a response to my email today asking for an eta to fix the problem ... of course I got nothing. They consider the issue a "display problem" and then added "Please be assured that your current data is updated correctly in our system. "

I have zero confidence, am not assured and don't believe this for a second. The numbers are off, they can't account for new activity (and the process was pretty damn slow to begin with), the system is broken and I just don't see enough communication as to how or when it's gonna be fixed. Very poorly handled!!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:06 am

That implies that if I call in, they will have my accurate balance which would be different than what the website shows. This should be an interesting test, but I expect they will fail.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Just logged into my account and my rail points total finally seems to be correct, although this is not including any of my recent trips, which still have not posted.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:31 pm

Thumbs down

Called them today. Their system has what their website shows, which is me missing about ! 1000 points. this shouldn't be this difficult. Unlike other programs, I've had very few problems with Amtrak. I'm just looking to be made whole for what I've earned. I'm not asking for select plus for life. Not like that would get me anything anyways. The funny thing about it, if I didn't bring it to their attention nothing would have happened to fix it.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:34 pm

Tomorrow begins my awareness campaign to help other unknowing victims.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (goingaway\'s phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Just logged into my account and my rail points total finally seems to be correct, although this is not including any of my recent trips, which still have not posted.
Nothing changed on my account, although I did notice they no longer show the # pts earned towards status (a number I know is incorrect). They just display the status which for me is still select without the plus I earned. Really want that club access already!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Wirelessly posted (goingaway\'s phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Nothing changed on my account, although I did notice they no longer show the # pts earned towards status (a number I know is incorrect). They just display the status which for me is still select without the plus I earned. Really want that club access already!
Just wanted to clarify: I had 400 rail points manually entered into my account by I assume Vicky from AGR Insider, based on our communications. The points are approximately what was missing from my account after the change to the new web site, but I suspect don't directly correlate to any activity in my account. I certainly appreciate Vicky's efforts on behalf of my account, but I suspect the situation has not been fixed yet overall.
It would be good of we could get a frank explanation of what is really going on here.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
It would be good of we could get a frank explanation of what is really going on here.
We did: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...-relaunch.html

Originally Posted by GoingAway
If it's that important to you (and if I were traveling weekly, it would be for me!), PM AGR Insider and ask if they can help. I'd be surprised if they couldn't.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jackal - sorry, but there is no explanation in their update. Nor is there any indication that they figured out what is missing, just that new activity will finally begin posting (still waiting for that myself).

It's great they are helpful and have worked with FT, really but that does not excuse or change that the rollout (other than the mktg of it) was very poorly executed
Old Oct 23, 2010, 9:28 am

Two trips from the end of September just posted to my account. At least these new postings do show travel details (city pairs and ticket info).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.