Wiki Posts
Search

New Site and Rail Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR S
New Site and Rail Points

Ive seen it discussed, but how many other people besides myself have seen a decrease in rail points. I lost 400.

I emailed them about it, but am awaiting a response.

Anyone else have any news on this?

Last edited by cbrettrager; Oct 4, 2010 at 3:28 pm
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by cbrettrager
Ive seen it discussed, but how many other people besides myself have seen a decrease in rail points. I lost 400.

I emailed them about it, but am awaiting a response.

Anyone else have a news on this?
I'm also waiting for a response from my inquiry as I too lost about 400 points. It sure would be nice if AGR Insider could come out of hiding and let us know what is going on or at least give us some reassurance that things will be fixed soon. Although it looks nice, as far as I'm concerned, the new AGR website is pretty terrible so far.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:14 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Rail points

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I'm also waiting for a response from my inquiry as I too lost about 400 points. It sure would be nice if AGR Insider could come out of hiding and let us know what is going on or at least give us some reassurance that things will be fixed soon. Although it looks nice, as far as I'm concerned, the new AGR website is pretty terrible so far.
rittenhousesq & cbrettrager -
Please send me a private message with your member number so I can investigate. Thanks
Vicky Radke
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
rittenhousesq & cbrettrager -
Please send me a private message with your member number so I can investigate. Thanks
Vicky Radke
Vicky, I just called an hour ago and the phone rep sent a note to "AGR Operations" to investigate my situation, so I don't want to duplicate that effort. But clearly this is a systemic problem.

In my particular case, 1,740 rail points vanished from my total, enough to bring me down below the S+ threshold for 2011. Only, the site even says I'm merely Select for 2010 when I was already S+. The phone rep also said my account showed me as Select. He said, according to my account history, that I qualified for S+ in 2008 and that "you reverted to Select on March 1, 2010." I told him I've been S+ continually this entire time and have the paid account activity to prove it.

I hope the note he sent will get my situation cleared up, but I'm sure there are others affected as well. I would not be surprised if the lost rail points are from the earlier double point promos.

Vicky, this is an unacceptable snafu that I hope will be corrected on a program-wide level. I also hope the numerous web site problems will be addressed. Thank you as always for reading our feedback.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
This new website is terrible. It doesn't even show the date of travel for my trips. It is impossible to reconcile my points with the trips I've taken, plus there are no ticket numbers to double check.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
I think some data isn't pulling from the past trips. It just has "Ticket:" with no information after that.

Also, it changed my e-mail preferences to marketing e-mails when I had already opted out. I had opted out for "partner" e-mails and it had re-enabled them when I logged in after the upgrade.

The marquis in the middle is really slow to load over a wifi card, so like the Marriott site, I had to block scripts so it doesn't load those graphics and use up my bandwidth--which pretty much renders the site useless. (I get pretty close to my cap each month.) I would like to see a "lo-fi" version as pretty much all of us have bandwidth caps on our broadband cards and phones.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Something is definitely off ... I had one more roundtrip week of travel (acela - 500 pts each way) and should've gained Select Plus once all travel was recorded. Instead, the new websites shows me short by 2500 points for the next tier. I think the balance is also off, but admittedly do a poor job of tracking it.

I'm going to hold off calling in, with the thought that everyone is impacted and hopefully they will apply corrective measures to all accounts, and not just focus on the people calling in.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:28 am
Pup

I went to the AGR page today for the first time since Oct. 1 to check my points, since people were reporting all these problems, and I'm getting the message:

"We are currently performing maintenance on our system to provide you with a better member experience. Come back October 1st to experience the new Amtrak Guest Rewards®."

Is the page down again, or is there a new web address? I went to https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com as always.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: DL,SPG,WR,AGR
Wow...thanks for the heads up here! Just viewed my account and HALF my points are gone! I also got "downgraded" to S from S+. Called service center...those poor people are inundated and not very happy. Working on the problem...hope they can fix or I'm back to Flyin!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:22 am

Pup - I am having the same problem with Firefox. The site is working fine with Safari.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:23 am

On a unrelated note, has anyone seen points post to their account since the revamp (for train travel either before or after the site revamp)? No points have come through for me yet (some for travel more than 2 weeks ago).
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway\'s phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

@abagga - I noticed that, too. Pretty frustrating as after this week, I should be select plus. They trumpeted this release so much, its too bad it wasn't competently tested beforehand. Here's hoping they figure this out and catch up quickly
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:35 pm
Pup

Originally Posted by abagga
Pup - I am having the same problem with Firefox. The site is working fine with Safari.
I got in now. Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: US Silver Hilton Gold SPG Gold Marriott Plat AA Gold
I'm missing about 1000 points in my account as well. It appears that the select bonus points promo are missing. The new site is terrible. Very little information for each line item. Not sure why all the hype, I like the old site better. Shouldn't you add more information, not remove when you are enhancing the site.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Continental OnePass
After trying to log in on a few different computers, the following link is working for me.

https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/home/index

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.