Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing AGR Insider!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Welcome to the forum Vicky and all Insiders! Glad to have some official presence in the form of a handle! ^
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:54 am

Welcome! It'll be good to hear straight from the horses mouth, so to speak!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold; DL Silver; Amtrak Select Plus;Hilton Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Welcome Vicky and Michael. I was also the recipient of valuable help from Michael last year, when my status didn't properly upgrade to Select when some travel points from 2008 didn't post until 2009. Your ability to break down the brick wall I was running into was most appreciated! ^
Old Mar 5, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Welcome Vicky and Michael. I was also the recipient of valuable help from Michael last year, when my status didn't properly upgrade to Select when some travel points from 2008 didn't post until 2009. Your ability to break down the brick wall I was running into was most appreciated! ^
Michael was also instrumental in swiftly coordinating AGR and Amtrak's revenue accounting folks to fix the sudden glitch last year that caused many Thruway segments to show as "zero dollar" amounts in the system, which thus prevented them from posting. It was apparently a serious glitch resulting from an unannounced change in the revenue accounting system, which Michael got resolved pretty quickly. ^
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 650: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Welcome AGRInsiders! May I make my first request (my biggest gripe with what is otherwise a great program): keep AGR customer service open on weekends!! This is when I am typically using AGR tickets, and making last-minute changes to them is a major hassle. The giant gulf in service levels between Amtrak and AGR on this issue is very jarring.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: AGR,CO,PC,AA
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 650: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Welcome AGRInsiders! May I make my first request (my biggest gripe with what is otherwise a great program): keep AGR customer service open on weekends!! This is when I am typically using AGR tickets, and making last-minute changes to them is a major hassle. The giant gulf in service levels between Amtrak and AGR on this issue is very jarring.
Ditto.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 4P, AA Tin, CO Tin, AGR Select Plus
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

Welcome, everyone, from the guy whose mug is probably on a dartboard at AGR headquarters! (Though those days are over as I've moved to Phoenix...but the old Tempe platform is still maintained, so I have hope!) Whatsoever the program, it's nice to be 'noticed' by representatives of the same. Welcome!

...and following the precedent set by some in this thread of sneaking wishes into their welcome posts:
Are there plans in the works for a third elite level beyong Select Plus?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Having just posted a rant about the QuikTrak ticket machines, I don't want it to seem like I'm always as churlish and frustrated as I may have sounded in that thread. (My rant there stems from a feeling that several things at Amtrak could be so much better than they currently are, and that this country needs and deserves a fantastic train system.)

Welcome AGR Insiders! We appreciate your presence here, and are delighted that you'll be here to receive praise for all the good things about Amtrak as well as any gripes and frustrations that we may have.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by salut0
Welcome AGR Insiders! We appreciate your presence here, and are delighted that you'll be here to receive praise for all the good things about Amtrak as well as any gripes and frustrations that we may have.
Just as an FYI, you should know that they are AGR insiders, not Amtrak insiders. And while Vicki and her boss Michael do actually work for Amtrak, and not Carlson, they are probably the smallest department at Amtrak and their focus is on AGR, not Amtrak in general. So for example, your Quik-Trak issue would be something that at best they could pass on to the correct department and hope that someone listens.

And I too want to welcome Vicki here. I know that it won't be possible for her to solve every AGR problem that does crop up here, but having someone like Vicki here will help with the big issues that do come up from time to time. Like the major Mall issues from a few years back that saw dozens of people up in arms over points lost.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by AlanB
Just as an FYI, you should know that they are AGR insiders, not Amtrak insiders. And while Vicki and her boss Michael do actually work for Amtrak, and not Carlson, they are probably the smallest department at Amtrak and their focus is on AGR, not Amtrak in general. So for example, your Quik-Trak issue would be something that at best they could pass on to the correct department and hope that someone listens.
Thank you for clarifying this, AlanB. But it's good to know that they are working for Amtrak and not Carlson.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by salut0
Thank you for clarifying this, AlanB. But it's good to know that they are working for Amtrak and not Carlson.
Ah, yes, I was wondering that myself!

Glad to know their position enables them to handle [aspects of] both!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
Welcome to FT! Now Amtrak can "officially" hear us whine!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelmad478

I agree.

Since AGR is unavailable during the weekends, I typically reserve 2-3 trains for weekend award travel: there's no charge for canceling tickets, and it's also impossible to change a ticket once the AGR crew shuts down Friday afternoon for the weekend.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Welcome Vicky and all the other AGRInsiders!

So are we going to have a Beech Grove Do?

Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by HeHateY
Welcome Vicky and all the other AGRInsiders!

So are we going to have a Beech Grove Do?

Well not if you want to meet Vicky and Michael Blakey, they're based in DC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.