Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I believe SAS Amex Elite is the way to go if you have some spend. You get two 2-4-1 vouchers valid for *A awards if I recall correctly (basically 50% off all award bookings, even if you travel alone). But I believe the Norwegian cards all have high FX fees.

For better info on Norwegian cards, I would recommend you to join the “Frequent Traveler Norge” group on Facebook:
https://facebook.com/groups/FrequentTravelerNorge/
Cookoovaya likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Alpha Floor
Hi, some progress today:
I rang Amex DE and asked to be transferred to the Global Transfer department. They did so and I then spoke to a very nice lady who tried to understand what the hell had gone wrong with my case. She was puzzled at first because it appeared to her that my German Plat was up and running with no issues. I told her the card was frozen (have never been able to put a single transaction on it), something to do with Schufa etc. She finally understood more or less what had happened. She asked me for my UK Plat number again and said she would escalate this and let me know in about 2 weeks as this process is rather slow.

This is the first Amex DE rep I spoke to who seemed to have some sort of idea of what had happened. She was also very nice which is a pleasant change from the previous "normal" reps.

Will let you know how this plays out!
How did you go?? Fingers crossed it went well!

I just moved to Germany and got rejected for the Amex Plat. However I did not realise I could use Global Transfer Service/my previous foreign credit history to offset my new SCHUFA score. I will call them tomorrow to speak with the German Global Transfer team about reapplying.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:17 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jmendezona
I will call them tomorrow to speak with the German Global Transfer team [...].
Good luck -- and do please report back!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by jmendezona
How did you go?? Fingers crossed it went well!

I just moved to Germany and got rejected for the Amex Plat. However I did not realise I could use Global Transfer Service/my previous foreign credit history to offset my new SCHUFA score. I will call them tomorrow to speak with the German Global Transfer team about reapplying.
Update on the above - they asked me to reapply with the Global Transfer Team and I still got rejected lol. They could not directly tell me the reason but said it was probably because of a low schufa score.

Good luck anyone else transferring to Germany! Imma head back to Australian credit cards
Old Oct 15, 2022, 5:46 am

Seems that US AMEX tighten the global transfer policy to weed out ppl who are trying to apply without really staying at the destination country.

From what i have read, they used to allow sending of Amex Card any US residential address (ie send to a friend residing in the US) without proof of residency, but now it seems that they are bang on asking for proof of residency. Is this the norm moving forward? or has it always been the norm?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Proof of residency or proof of address? Big difference.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:55 am

Asked for bank statement/ utility that has my name and the submitted address used for application and for the card to be sent to.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:05 am

Yep, it has always been like that.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:40 am

I read more then 1 blog saying they've used a friend's address.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by koyo23
Asked for bank statement/ utility that has my name and the submitted address used for application and for the card to be sent to.
I don't see how a bank statement proves anything, because one can have it sent to a friend's address. The service address on a utility bill is better evidence because it verifies that service is provided at that location.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:28 am

I read more then 1 blog saying they've used a friend's address.
Yup.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Has anyone done a recent AMEX Global Transfer to Canada? Have been trying to do it here, but the reps have no idea how to go about it. Have a Platinum Charge card issued in India and planning to do a GT to Canada, to Business Platinum or Personal Platinum. I believe I cannot do that online for Business Platinum, correct? For personal Platinum, is it when they ask us to enter the existing AMEX card number (but if that is really for GT, I think they should have asked for more details like which country the card was issued at, etc.)? Can we initiate the Global transfer process online for personal Platinum? Any recent experience would be very helpful as I am trying to do one, and all the reps I have spoken to have absolutely no idea what I am talking about.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:46 pm

Seems that US AMEX tighten the global transfer policy to weed out ppl who are trying to apply without really staying at the destination country.
From what i have read, they used to allow sending of Amex Card any US residential address (ie send to a friend residing in the US) without proof of residency, but now it seems that they are bang on asking for proof of residency. Is this the norm moving forward? or has it always been the norm?
From a KYC (Know Your Customer) compliance perspective, requesting some form of Proof of Residency / Address seems very reasonable. I would imagine they will run afoul of KYC related requirements if they don't. They request the same for US domestic customers if the address stated on the application doesn't match what the credit bureaus have on file.

Originally Posted by mia
I don't see how a bank statement proves anything, because one can have it sent to a friend's address. The service address on a utility bill is better evidence because it verifies that service is provided at that location.
Acceptable Proof of Residency / Address is an equity/non-discrimination matter. For renters, especially population who lives in HCOL urban areas, utility may be inclusive with their housing (e.g., renting a room) such that they do not have utility bills to their name.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Has anyone done a recent AMEX Global Transfer to Canada? Have been trying to do it here, but the reps have no idea how to go about it. Have a Platinum Charge card issued in India and planning to do a GT to Canada, to Business Platinum or Personal Platinum. I believe I cannot do that online for Business Platinum, correct? For personal Platinum, is it when they ask us to enter the existing AMEX card number (but if that is really for GT, I think they should have asked for more details like which country the card was issued at, etc.)? Can we initiate the Global transfer process online for personal Platinum? Any recent experience would be very helpful as I am trying to do one, and all the reps I have spoken to have absolutely no idea what I am talking about.
I didn't call and ask about Global Transfer, but when I moved to Canada recently I applied for a new Personal Plat online and put my existing Amex number in the application field and got approved that way. I did have to follow up and submit proof of residency.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
.... think they should have asked for more details like which country the card was issued ....
They can see all of that by looking up the account number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.