Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex Centurion & relevant programs
New offers

Lately I've been checked it often and the offers seem to be updated approximately every 1 - 1.5 months, in my experience.

That said, there're two new offers there right now that I haven't seen before - I think they've been available to the USA/UK cardmembers before and looks like they're available to Canadian ones too now:

1) Complimentary night stay at Relais & Châteaux Hotels

Book a consecutive 2 night stay at participating Relais and Châteaux hotels around the world and receive a complimentary 3rd night. Or, when you book a consecutive 3 night stay receive a complimenty 4th night.

In addition, enjoy a VIP welcome which may include one of the following:

• A bottle of champagne

• A book on the hotel’s region

• A spa treatment

• An upgrade subject to availability

2) Complimentary night stay and amenities at Jumeirah Hotels

Book a consecutive 2, 3 or 4 night stay and receive a complimentary night at participating Jumeirah hotels around the world. Additional amenities may also include breakfast, upgrade at time of check-in (subject to availability), or a resort credit of $250 USD for spa credits or food and beverage.

Last edited by ZeroHour; Oct 3, 2009 at 3:01 pm
Old Oct 3, 2009, 3:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ZeroHour
1) Complimentary night stay at Relais & Châteaux Hotels
If you go to...

http://amexnetwork.com

You will see a similar offer...

http://www.relaischateaux.com/romance

Which is available to any American Express cardholder. It might be instructive to idetify the incremental benefits of the Centurion offer.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex Centurion & relevant programs
Good point - I simply copied them from a Centurion website (for Canada) as I recalled they weren't there before. Will check amexnetwork.com from now on - as a side note, is it available to any Amex holder in any country or is it US-only?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:21 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by mia
If you go to...

http://amexnetwork.com

You will see a similar offer...

http://www.relaischateaux.com/romance

Which is available to any American Express cardholder. It might be instructive to idetify the incremental benefits of the Centurion offer.
btw is amexnetwork.com only for US AmEx or does it accept canadian Amex as well?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Finally got the invitation

Amex Canada phoned me to my office to let me know I've been invited to apply for the Centurion card. No fancy invitation by registered mail like the others have gotten, but I'm good with the phone call.

No idea though of the criterion they used to give out the invitations.

Mark
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by mark_f
Amex Canada phoned me to my office to let me know I've been invited to apply for the Centurion card. No fancy invitation by registered mail like the others have gotten, but I'm good with the phone call.

No idea though of the criterion they used to give out the invitations.

Mark
What kind of spending do you do on your card and for how many years have you done that speding for?

Do you use it for high ticket items or allot of little items?

Do you charge to high end outlets restaurants/shopping etc?

I think this is know what they are looking for.

Good Luck!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
I have had my platinum charge for about 13 months. I charged about 260k excluding the first month. It was almost all personal expenses and other than a couple larger charges for some furniture or car repairs, it was mostly made up of smaller purchases. I don't know if you are from Canada, but there are a number of places that don't take AMEX here so it is hard to charge exclusively on the card without a backup visa/mc.

The AMEX rep went through the benefits and it looks like there are more for the US centurion than this one, but I haven't seen the actual package yet.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by platinumPizza
What kind of spending do you do on your card and for how many years have you done that speding for?

Do you use it for high ticket items or allot of little items?

Do you charge to high end outlets restaurants/shopping etc?

I think this is know what they are looking for.

Good Luck!
Platinumpizza, it helps if you use their travel services, book some of their FHR hotels and better still F or C class tickets.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:45 pm

Does anyone know what is up with the shopping benefits in Canada? I heard back in June/July that they were being completely revamped for a Fall launch but haven't heard anything since and that section on the website has been blank. for months now.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
Platinumpizza, it helps if you use their travel services, book some of their FHR hotels and better still F or C class tickets.
This maybe true actually and its a great point.... If they see you are taking advantage of your Plat and spend etc... they will upgrade you.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Called to change my address and they transferred me to a Centurion colleague who wanted to know if I had any questions about the card and its benefits. I explained that I didn't feel that the benefits were worth the extra premium over the Plat. I said that the US version had more benefits such as gift cards, airline status etc.

She was actually quite defensive and said that the Canadian launch was uber-successful and the new cardholders were so happy... Apparently they are working on rolling out more benefits... I told her I would reassess in 6 months if these new benefits were ones I would use. She then replied that they would have to reassess my profile at that time (to see if I was still Centurion-worthy I guess). I said that would be fine - if they didn't want my money at that time, that would be fine with me too...

Yikes ! If that's a taste of Centurion, I'll stick with Plat.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by xray
She was actually quite defensive and said that the Canadian launch was uber-successful and the new cardholders were so happy...
How would they know, I wonder? Has there been a survey?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
I was sent an invitation, but the benefits seem weak for what I would use the card for. I might consider it at the annual fee of $2500, but $5000 + $2500 to get started seems like a stretch. I have spoken to them a couple of times and they have not convinced me that the value is there. Will probably pass for now and see if the benefits improve down the road.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
So have any Canadian Cents been asked how happy they are with their benefits? I certainly haven't.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC *E
Where is the beef?

I have received an invite as well but just can't see the justification. Clearly the Canadian Centurion is not as good a value as the US version, and you have to have a certain travel and shopping profile to be able to reasonably use the US Centurion.

As someone said, the card is wallet jewelry. I've got way better things to do with my money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.