Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Credit Reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:49 am
Original Poster

AMEX Credit Reports

I don't know if this a new feature of the AMEX Hilton HHonors card, but I haven't noticed it before. The new Benefits Update brochure
(Link) says the following (page 17):
My Credit Score and Report
In these times, we know how important it is to stay on top of your credit health. As a Cardmember, we provide you with complimentary access to your credit score and report so that you have a clear understanding of where your credit stands. My Credit Score and Report gives you:
_ Complimentary access to your credit score
and report once a year for 30 days online
_ Access to toll-free customer education
professionals to help you understand your
credit information
You must log on to your American Express online account to access this benefit. Get your complimentary credit check now by visiting americanexpress.com/creditreport.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
This seems more like an AMEX feature than a Hilton HHonors AMEX feature. But...

You can gain essentially the same information from www.myfico.com and other sites, as well as information on how your FICO score is calculated. (DO NOT request credit disclosures unless you wish to PAY for them.)

and you are entitled to a free annual credit disclosure aka credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies. Some of us get one every four months, staggering reports from CRAs so we get the freebie annually. Go ONLY to

www.annualcreditreport.com
(the is the ONLY Federally / FTC authorized online source for you to get a free credit report under federal law.)

(Caveat: the "Free3BureauCreditReport. com" that advertises here on FlyerTalk is NOT Federally authorized and undoubtedly offers products for sale; it is an "Ads by Google" advert.)
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Yes, I'm aware of all of the above, but it is worth pointing out that myfico will charge for your credit score. This is a feature that I don't recall being available previously with the HHonors Amex card. Just thought I would point it out in case it is a new feature.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Not HHonors specific

This is available for my SPG Amex, and presumably all other cards that are actually issued by American Express.

This thread should probably be moved.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:07 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
moving to the AMEX forum

I see the rationale for HH but it properly belongs with Amex as it cuts across co branded cards -

Thanks -

squeakr

co-MOD Hilton
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
I hadn't seen this before so thanks, OP!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Yes, I'm aware of all of the above, but it is worth pointing out that myfico will charge for your credit score. This is a feature that I don't recall being available previously with the HHonors Amex card. Just thought I would point it out in case it is a new feature.
Not a new feature, but a front door into their $11.99/month credit report monitoring product (Credit Secure). The "score" you get from this site is a fake FICO (aka FAKO). Not really worth anything.

Credit Secure is a decent credit monitoring tool, and at $12 a month, not a bad price for 3 way monitoring. I subscribe to it.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
cool feature, i checked it out today, got my score for free, 701 not bad...if verizon hadnt screwed up id prob be a lot higher then that lol. dont think im gonna spend $12 a month for it though
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
If you are a Costco Executive member, you can get the three credit reports etc. for $7.95 per month, I believe.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Not that this is a question to be asked here, but since we're discussing...What service do you all use to keep track of your credit and credit scores? The annual credit report that you are entitled to for free does not provide your credit score, just your current credit report from all 3 agencies, so everyone must be paying an outside agency. Your thoughts?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by ZbadhabitZ
Not that this is a question to be asked here, but since we're discussing...What service do you all use to keep track of your credit and credit scores? The annual credit report that you are entitled to for free does not provide your credit score, just your current credit report from all 3 agencies, so everyone must be paying an outside agency. Your thoughts?
More of a discussion for Creditboards.com - not FT. But, at the very least, you might want to start a new thread for this, instead of hijacking someone else's - since it isn't directly on the OP's point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.