Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Airport Clubs ( EZE,GDL,MEX,MTY,CGH,GRU,GIG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Airport Clubs ( EZE,GDL,MEX,MTY,CGH,GRU,GIG)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Gotta be UA F through AC. Great value (seat-wise). Not so much service-wise.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:24 pm

AC through Toronto.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:33 am

Only Brasil Issued Cards Accepted

Two weeks ago my wife stopped at the Centurian Club at GIG and was told that they now only accept premium Amex cards issued in Brasil. As a courtesy they let her in but said not in the future. Since access is important to her, and we received a no-fee Gold Amex offer in Brasil, we'll be able to continue using the club.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
I went to the Centurion Club in GRU last week. I presented my Centurion card, and the lady behind the counter politely stated that the lounge was for Brazilian card members only, but that she would let me in anyway this one time. The next day my friend arrived at GRU and tried to get in with his Centurion card, but he was denied entry!

The lounge only had pictures of the Gold and Platinum cards, so maybe they don't even issue Centurion cards in Brazil...(?)
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
American Express does not issue cards in Brazil, the entire business is a franchise. The franchisee does have the right to issue Centurion cards.

http://home3.americanexpress.com/cor...sco_brazil.asp
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I can indeed confirm that access in Brasil now is limited to Brasilian cardholders, effectively from late jan-10. But this is under negotiation. Reason is that a brasilian bank took over the issuing rights. Expect this to be solved soon. My experience was at domestic airport of CGH.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by redrock
...As promised here are some pictures form the MTY one last week....Cards listed: Centurion, Plat, Gld, and one other (Delta Plat ??)...
It is not a Delta Platinum the weird one, it is The Platinum Skyplus Credit Card. It's credit card that it would be between The Gold Card and The Platinum Card.

Last edited by mia; Mar 3, 2010 at 3:02 pm
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by travelkid
I can indeed confirm that access in Brasil now is limited to Brasilian cardholders, effectively from late jan-10. But this is under negotiation. Reason is that a brasilian bank took over the issuing rights. Expect this to be solved soon. My experience was at domestic airport of CGH.
I was in CGH Centurion Club few hours ago and just confirmed that international AMEX are valid again to access it. ^
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: Stuff
Hmm, I never knew Amex did this.. Really, Amex, if you are reading. Buy priority pass, re-brand. Put multi tiered lounges in them (where possible) amex members only, regardless of airline, put a desk at the door to sign people up (giving them free access and snacks but paid for liquor) to Gold..

Profit!
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Does anyone know what time the MEX lounge is open? Have to be there very early in the morning.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:32 pm
mia

Originally Posted by AndyB
Buy priority pass, re-brand. Put multi tiered lounges in them... amex members only,
Priority Pass does not operate lounges, they merely purchase surplus capacity and resell to their members.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: Stuff
Originally Posted by mia
Priority Pass does not operate lounges, they merely purchase surplus capacity and resell to their members.
Darn it! The facts get in the way of another one of my great ideas

Chewy, I saw some pictures further up the thread of an Amex lounge and it had opening hours on at least one of the pictures, I think.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:06 am
mia

HSBC seems to like your idea:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...am-coming.html
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
There are clubs at Fortaleza (FOR); Santa Catarina [TripLounge](QTB); Recife (REC); GRU, CGH and GIG. Entry is free for American Express Gold or above, and R$15 for each guest. The link has all the data from American Express Brasil, but it is Portuguese so I summarized it here. There are photos of all the lounges in the site.

http://www2.americanexpress.com.br/c.../sala_vip.aspx
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:19 am

Another Confirmation re Centurian Clubs

Another confirmation comes from my wife that international Amex cards once again get us into the Centurian lounges. She was at Rio's club this week, with no problem, after being told on her last visit that they wouldn't be able to let her in without a Brasil issued card. Big break for us, as we have long layovers at this airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.