Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Airport Clubs ( EZE,GDL,MEX,MTY,CGH,GRU,GIG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM

Can anyone confirm whether this lounge is still open, and if US Amex PLAT cardholders have free access?
Also where in GRU is the lounge?
I will be flying AA, will I have access to it?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Can anyone confirm whether this lounge is still open, and if US Amex PLAT cardholders have free access?
Also where in GRU is the lounge?
I will be flying AA, will I have access to it?
http://www.americanexpress.com/lacid...plounges.shtml
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Last time I went there (about 18 months ago), the lounge was open. Gold, Platinum and Centurion card holders could get in (Platinum card holders with 2 guests and Centurion card members with an unlimited number of guests).

The food is great there (very good sandwiches in the afternoon, very good pastries and croissants in the morning).

Plastic glasses and napkins with the American Express logo!

No booze though.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by fredsxb
Last time I went there (about 18 months ago), the lounge was open. Gold, Platinum and Centurion card holders could get in (Platinum card holders with 2 guests and Centurion card members with an unlimited number of guests).

The food is great there (very good sandwiches in the afternoon, very good pastries and croissants in the morning).

No booze though.
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know where the lounge is located compared to AA's gates?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
The lounge is landside on the first floor right above Air France check-in desk if I remember correctly...
Old Apr 27, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K; PC RA
Originally Posted by fredsxb

No booze though.
I was there four weeks ago. I concur with the above.
And I'll add to the list: free internet access (via their computers, not via free wifi).

Location: Near wing-1 security entrance, up one escalator, on the left.
Open til 11pm.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:01 pm

For reference:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...aulo+centurion
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:35 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters

hello all,

accordng to this:

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Sa...Express_Lounge

there is an AMEX lounge in GRU airport. Unfortunately, this link does not say when it's opened and I am not sure if it's accurate. I can't find any information on this apart from this link. Does anyone know this lounge and the opening times. This is not the Priority Pass lounge, is it?

We're arriving late (10pm) on a BA flight and need to wait 4 hours for our connection to GIG, with GOL airlines.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Not sure if it's open past 11pm. You should know it's outside the sterile area. You could also try the Delta lounge (which is inside), however I've been there at 5AM and they were closed (not sure if they were closed since midnight, 2am or what). Delta in GRU will allow access just by showing your AMEX Plat, no matter what airline you are traveling.

Enjoy LR
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Amex has a few of these lounges - there is one in MEX as well. There are some old threads discussing these.

EDITED TO ADD: Link here: http://www.americanexpress.com/lacid...plounges.shtml

Last edited by Raffles; Sep 24, 2007 at 2:52 pm
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

The AMEX GRU lounge is decent:
-There's self-service snacks and non-alchoholic beverages.
-There are 2 free internet enabled computers.
-There's a nice bathroom.

It's located landside, one floor above ticketing.
It's called the centurion lounge, but the name is a misnomer, my AMEX Plat got me in along with 2 guests for free, and AMEX Gold should get you in as well.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 7:48 am

Programs: Many
Thumbs up

Thank you for that information.

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
AMEX Gold should get you in as well.
How can one be sure about that? Is one guest allowed with Gold card?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this lounge accessible to domestic TAM or Varig/Gol pax? Are there any lounges that are?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:36 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...+lounge&page=2

Gold card holders can invite at least 1 guest AFAIK...
Old Dec 11, 2008, 3:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP
Centurion Airport Clubs (CGH,MEX,MTY,GRU,EZE,GIG)

Today I got in to the Centurion Club in Mexico with my lowly Rewards Plus GOLD card. There was a picture on the door which had (Centurion, Plat, Gold and one other card) printed. I went in and showed my card and asked if my card was ok to enter. The lady checked on her computer and said everything was OK and welcome to the club.

Don't know about the ones in GRU and EZE but at least this one Gold appears to be sufficient.

regards;

Redrock.

Last edited by redrock; Jan 20, 2009 at 9:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.