FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/848400-amex-skyguide-executive-privilege-club.html)

mrkymark Nov 6, 2011 6:10 pm

I believe the online timetable and the executive club are two separate products with similar names and same management however.

With the Executive Club if you joined under a special offer like 39 or 69 that is the offer with lounge pass reimbursement. Regular 200 ish.

SkyTeam777 Nov 7, 2011 2:31 am

Originally Posted by mrkymark (Post 17403406)
I believe the online timetable and the executive club are two separate products with similar names and same management however.

With the Executive Club if you joined under a special offer like 39 or 69 that is the offer with lounge pass reimbursement. Regular 200 ish.

Thanks! Are there any other special offers out there at the moment?

Antipode Nov 10, 2011 10:30 am

Does anyone know if the 12/year is 12/calendar year or 12/membership year? I just got an e-mail offer for the $2.99 + 29.95 with $59.95 renewal, and I'm trying to decide if I should get it now and load up on lounge passes or wait until January since I don't have any domestic travel where I would want to buy lounge passes until then.

SkyTeam777 Nov 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Antipode (Post 17426336)
Does anyone know if the 12/year is 12/calendar year or 12/membership year? I just got an e-mail offer for the $2.99 + 29.95 with $59.95 renewal, and I'm trying to decide if I should get it now and load up on lounge passes or wait until January since I don't have any domestic travel where I would want to buy lounge passes until then.

Anyone know of a public offer like this one that I can use?

cswarthout Nov 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 17428335)
Anyone know of a public offer like this one that I can use?

This link worked for me from an above posting. $29.95 for the first year after trial.

SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club

ponchera Dec 6, 2011 5:29 pm

lounge?

I'm traveling to Australia in january with the family (wife and a 1yr old baby). I just got my trial membership, any ideas of how I can get bang for the buck?

Since i'm traveling w/ a baby, i'd like to at least use the lounge benefit. Anyone tried this before? the club site says pass not transferable to family but what if i'm there? I'm traveling united/continental.

MtRoot Feb 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I just got an invitation with a $25 gift card, free two month membership, and $89.95/year after that. I only have SPG Amex. The offer doesn't seem to be as good as previous ones, but 12 lounge/gym reimbursements per year still sound quite good.

I was wondering what you guys' experiences are with other services and partners, such as Concierge, eSkyGuide, and OPEN Business Travel. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

MtRoot

anchor79 Feb 12, 2012 8:47 pm

so if you intend to cancel within 2 months then its not a bad offer.

Question: How many visits can we use within that 2 months period? Can we use up the 12 Gym / Lounge access within 2 months and cancel it?

Simpleton Feb 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Offer Linky: https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...order_0501.jsp

No mention of monthly limit, nice!

longhorn11 Feb 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79 (Post 18003612)
so if you intend to cancel within 2 months then its not a bad offer.

Question: How many visits can we use within that 2 months period? Can we use up the 12 Gym / Lounge access within 2 months and cancel it?

You should be able to, it's a pretty good deal. It will just require patience on my part to wait for 12 $50 checks. :)

EDIT: The $25 gift card offer seems to no longer work

tripletmom Feb 20, 2012 1:38 pm

This link is for 2, $100 Restaurant.com GC's +12/Lounge + 12/Gym
for 2.99 and 29.99 after 2 months.

https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...order_1501.jsp

DFW1972 Feb 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Clarification

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 16322121)
I asked Skyguide/AmEx if online lounge passes (for future use) qualify. They told me yes. I purchased a Delta SkyClub pass online and was, in fact, reimbursed.

I'm still a little confused. Does the above mean once you sign up, you can purchase online 12 passes (for example, 12 one day Admirals Club passes), get reimbursed for all teh passes, even though the passes are for future use?

Thanks!

longhorn11 Feb 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by DFW1972 (Post 18075757)
I'm still a little confused. Does the above mean once you sign up, you can purchase online 12 passes (for example, 12 one day Admirals Club passes), get reimbursed for all teh passes, even though the passes are for future use?

Thanks!

I believe that's correct, but you have to submit each one separately for reimbursement.

DFW1972 Feb 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11 (Post 18075974)
I believe that's correct, but you have to submit each one separately for reimbursement.

So as far as I can tell, this is a no brainer? 1) sign up for the 2 month trial 2) within trial period, submit day passes purchased online to get reimbursed [one at a time] and 3) cancel membership before trial period ends. And you'll have a stash of lounge passes for free to use this year?

Sorry I keep asking, it sounds too good to be true! :)

longhorn11 Feb 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by DFW1972 (Post 18076289)
So as far as I can tell, this is a no brainer? 1) sign up for the 2 month trial 2) within trial period, submit day passes purchased online to get reimbursed [one at a time] and 3) cancel membership before trial period ends. And you'll have a stash of lounge passes for free to use this year?

Sorry I keep asking, it sounds too good to be true! :)

I'm with you on the too good to be true part! :)

I think the only downside (if you can call it that) is you're out $600 for 4-6 weeks until the checks start coming in.

I would call in like other poster did and confirm, just to make sure before you charge $600.