FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/848400-amex-skyguide-executive-privilege-club.html)

chrisny2 Jul 3, 2019 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by parismama (Post 31265211)
I was really hoping to get some answers asap as I'm out four months of reimbursements so far and really do not want to continue sending any more without some clarification. I only visit the lounges because of this membership. I would not waste $200 on lounge visits except for the expectation that I would be receiving reimbursements in good faith.

What exactly do they want? What exactly do they actually want to see to meet these made up T&Cs that are no where to be found in writing? What is anyone else sending in with success in the last few months? For years, my ebay receipts and the filled out form sufficed, now it doesn't, so what do they want to see? As I mentioned, United scans a barcode, they don't give out receipts saying "pass used" and a date. Any recent success stories would be greatly helpful.

I've successfully received checks for my last four reimbursement requests.
February, I visited the Plaza Premium First in HKG. Submitted a receipt printed at the time of visit for 300 HKD.
March, I used my Delta SkyMiles card to purchase a single visit pass at the Sky Club front desk for $29 and was given a receipt with that day's visit that I submitted.
April, I purchased the United Club trip pass in association with one of my trips DCA-ORD-DEN for $50. Submitted the email receipt from United with the single valid date.
May, I purchased a single visit for a single date on LoungeBuddy for $49. Submitted that email receipt and was reimbursed.

What's common, though, is that each of these purchases was for a date-specific visit.

r m a h Jul 25, 2019 9:22 pm

any updates?

i just got "denied" for a june reimbursement request. i'm disputing....ARGH!!!

pcoll Jul 29, 2019 4:56 pm

My first reaction when seeing this thread.....it still exists? Gave up on this years ago. Same issues as reported here.

parismama Jul 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by r m a h (Post 31343578)
any updates?

i just got "denied" for a june reimbursement request. i'm disputing....ARGH!!!

i got a voice mail from customer service telling me they were approving my submissions. Followed up a few days later with an email stating the same. True to their word, I received two checks for all fours months this weekend.

r m a h Sep 12, 2019 8:23 am

two questions :

1. is anyone out there reading this an actual current and active member of skyguide? my membership expired and there was no option to renew or even to start a new membership.

2. does anyone know of a similar club to skyguide (specifically regarding lounge pass reimbursement or discount) that currently exists?

thanks!

MDtR-Chicago Oct 14, 2019 11:27 pm

I looked around 2-3 years ago for an alternative and didn't find one. Ultimately, I ended up signing up for a Chase Sapphire Reserve and using the Priority Pass. It's good enough for me.

mia Oct 15, 2019 7:54 am

The economics of this program never made sense. When it was launched Skyguide was owned by American Express. I think it was market research for what we now know as Centurion lounges. This program served its purpose, and Skyguide has been sold off, along with other American Express periodicals.

chrisny2 Aug 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Has anyone gotten a lounge reimbursement recently. My last two haven't come. Maybe it's time to finally cancel...

Miles Man Dec 20, 2021 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 33484028)
Has anyone gotten a lounge reimbursement recently. My last two haven't come. Maybe it's time to finally cancel...

They have discontinued the lounge and gym reimbursements, even though it's still published on their website. I haven't been reimbursed in a long time.

parismama Dec 22, 2021 6:00 am

They say it was discontinued in august, yet no notice. Tell me I should check the website for their current offerings, yet the lounge program is published on the website! Talk about false advertising. Refused to reimburse me for the 5 lounge visits I’ve sent in.