Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equinox Fitness Benefit [All cards, consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Originally Posted by traveler23
Anyone know what the Gold benefits are when you signing up for membership at Equinox Fitness?
Assuming you have the Gold charge card, when I joined in March, they told me it was just a discount off the initiation fee. I believe they currently have a special where the initiation fee is $0 until the end of the year.

Check to see if your employee has a corporate program with them, I got a better deal that way.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: aa, delta, amex, ba
negotiate

as an equinox member for 10+ yrs. negotiate. its better then the gold/plat deal!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
Equinox All-Access

I would like to know if anyone else got a better deal with negotiation.
They are asking now $178 a month to an all access membership, with zero initiation fee with the Platinum card. Has anyone gotten a better deal?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
i signed up last year for $135/month for just 1-club access, and $0 initiation fee. didn't bring up my gold card at all, and just negotiated
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
You might want to check if you're work has a deal with equinox. I paid $100/mo for 1-club (I think it was $125 for all access) through my job. I've since moved and pay $129 for 1-club as a charter member (normal fees are $142).

Also - I have asked the membership manager about the benefit of having the platinum card when I found out there was a relationship with Amex a few months ago and he said -

"The Amex Platinum benefits are something that is added to the membership at the time of joining and doesn’t apply to current members that did not join with the Platinum card. It doesn’t have anything to do with the pricing of the membership. Basically Amex just pays for a few additional benefits for their cardmembers."
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:21 pm

I can't speak to the Gold Benefits but I can tell you I recently signed up with the Platinum AmEx. I got the first month free however I did have to pay an initiation fee, I think it was about $175. Additionally, I got five free personal training sessions, free pilates and a 50 minute spa treatment.

I believe if you go to the Equinox website, you can select a club and then join online. Down below the enrollment information is an option to add on gold, platinum or Centurion benefits.

My monthly fee is $158 and that is for all clubs in California (excluding Century City) Otherwise, depending on your home gym, the fee is usually $134-144 a month.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Equinox Special Membership Pricing for Platinum members?

Equinox and American Express list "Special Membership Pricing" as a benefit of the platinum on their websites, but I can't find any specifics of what that pricing is. Has anyone used this perk, and could they shed some light on how much this would be, in NYC specifically?

I am about to sign up for Equinox and I'd like to compare it to what my corporate discount rate would be (which isn't that great).
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:08 pm

Call and ask Equniox? Let us know what you find out though.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Suggest reviewing these three threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...x-fitness.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hlight=equinox
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
At last check, the discount was no initiation fees, 4 free personal training sessions and some other odds and ends. I don't believe there's a discount on the actual monthly fee.

I use my corporate discount which is generally a better deal, unless you want personal training, since each traning session is $100+
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I just signed up- all access pass is something like $160, no initiation fees, some free spa treatments and 4 free training sessions (with a top tier trainer). No discounts, so double check if you have a corporate discount that makes more sense.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Any deal for Plat cardholders when purchasing day passes at Equinox?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:31 am

Equinox Benefit cancelled!

FYI - I just got an email from Equinox that after 12/31/12, they are no longer offering the Amex Platinum member benefits.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:05 pm

anyone have any updates on Equinox Fitness discounts? Or have a corporate membership to sponsor me? You get a $150 credit if you refer someone. Thanks in advance.
Ariesflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.