FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/778875-bonus-points-enroll-extended-payment-option-usa.html)

ddallas Nov 3, 2011 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu (Post 17388023)
I guess my question is...regarding the 5k MR..it says on the main page that you can earn up to 5k MR...does that just mean they will give you 5k or you have to "earn" it with spending using this promo?

It depends on what offer you clicked on to get there. Some offers are for 5K on signup, and some are for 1.5K. There may be others, but the highest offer I am aware of is 5K.

kendenton Nov 5, 2011 12:44 pm

I signed up 11/3 for the 5k offer on 2 cards. One card already posted the 5k!

beltway Nov 5, 2011 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by slotownmomma (Post 17064142)
I tried to register online, over SM & over the phone. No go! I just opened my Premier Gold MR. I was told over the phone that you need to have your account open for 13 months to be eligible to add that "Extended Payment Option". So I'm guessing that it's probably true and not that she didn't want to give me the points. So probably will work for anyone with older accounts or long term history w/AMEX (maybe as mentioned).

My current PRG Amex has been open for less than 6 months, and I signed up for (and promptly received) the bonus in the past week. FWIW, I have had this card in the past, and have been an Amex customer for an embarrassing number of decades (since ~1984 or so).

andysiz Nov 6, 2011 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton (Post 17397387)
I signed up 11/3 for the 5k offer on 2 cards. One card already posted the 5k!

Add me to the recently successful. Signed up a couple of days ago and today got the 5k MR on my Platinum card I opened in March. Once again, thank you to FT.

mrredskin Nov 7, 2011 9:43 am

I had to fight like crazy for this one. Signed up in Feb, was able for the bonus in August, and didn't get it until about 5 emails/phone calls a month later. It was referenced on my account as an option with the bonus yet they didn't want to fulfill their end of it. Imagine that.

Tim O'Brien Nov 7, 2011 10:46 am

Originally Posted by andysiz (Post 17404501)
Add me to the recently successful. Signed up a couple of days ago and today got the 5k MR on my Platinum card I opened in March. Once again, thank you to FT.

Not that luck here, I've been trying persistently but the link responds with under maintenance

opus2002 Nov 7, 2011 10:49 am

I signed up last week with Amex Gold Premier and 5k posted today. My Amex Gold Premier card is opened less than one year, but I have been with Amex for various cards for over 10 years.

wripro Nov 7, 2011 11:23 am

When I tried to sign up online I was told that I had already done so. Couldn't remember doing it so I called and they said I had been signed up last April but since the time frame was applicable for the bonus miles they granted them immediately.

Scifience Nov 7, 2011 6:42 pm

Just signed up on a Platinum and PR Gold card on Saturday, 10k in points posted this morning. ^

Asked for income info but no hard pull.

redtop43 Nov 8, 2011 5:51 am

Originally Posted by slotownmomma (Post 17064142)
I tried to register online, over SM & over the phone. No go! I just opened my Premier Gold MR. I was told over the phone that you need to have your account open for 13 months to be eligible to add that "Extended Payment Option". So I'm guessing that it's probably true and not that she didn't want to give me the points. So probably will work for anyone with older accounts or long term history w/AMEX (maybe as mentioned).

Worth a try though!!!:(

I opened a BRG card last January and a Plat card in February - and got a targeted invite for these in about March or April and got it on both cards.

Goosh Nov 8, 2011 10:49 am

5000 for both my wife and I on our PRG cards. Cards have been open since May.

patriots68 Nov 8, 2011 12:37 pm

tried to sign up via secure message and was told that it is a targeted offer

akcae Nov 9, 2011 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by patriots68 (Post 17414043)
tried to sign up via secure message and was told that it is a targeted offer

I signed up via the link provided elsewhere on this forum sometime ago. When no points posted, I contacted AMEX via secure message and got shot down with the same argument. However, if it's targeted, how was I able to register? And how is the link publicly available? I'm pushing back -- got a second response that they're "researching" this, whatever that means. I'll post an update when I get a response.

lkar Nov 11, 2011 11:06 am

I have plat and gold and had already done it for 5k for gold, but got the link to do it for plat last week. I signed up, but haven't had the points post yet.

infamousdx Nov 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Signed up via link.
Shut down via SM.
Received the letter yesterday welcoming me to pay over time program.

Oh well