FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/778875-bonus-points-enroll-extended-payment-option-usa.html)

barelyelite Apr 10, 2012 9:04 am

Originally Posted by gold644 (Post 18360165)
I just used this link to enroll my Amex Plat:

http://tinyurl.com/cme973n

The offer is for 10,000 MR points. Hopefully my points go through!

Thanks! Just enrolled my dad. I had tried for the 5k offer last month, but it didn't work.

krpjr Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am

Does income play a role whatsoever in determining who is eligible?

Kpoxa Apr 10, 2012 11:15 am

Originally Posted by gold644 (Post 18360165)
I just used this link to enroll my Amex Plat:

http://tinyurl.com/cme973n

The offer is for 10,000 MR points. Hopefully my points go through!

I just enrolled my PRG card with the following message "Thank You. You are now enrolled in the Extended Payment Option for your Premier Rewards Gold Card - XXXXX. Please allow 24-48 hours for your enrollment to be processed."

I haven't received any email confirmation yet. Does anyone know if AmEx sends email confirmation for the enrollment? And how long does take for bonus MR points to post?

Mad_Max_Esq Apr 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Thanks for the free points.

DC777Fan Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Rejected on my Plat for 10k and 5k offer -- not even going to try my PRG.

kaipoman Apr 16, 2012 11:59 am

Anybody actually received this bonus yet? My plat card was approved, rec'd a letter in the mail last week welcoming me to the program, yet no MR have been posted.

mia Apr 16, 2012 12:18 pm

It may be useful to read the terms from the link in the link posted by gold644

1. To be eligible to get bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards First® program at the time of enrollment in these features. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards account is permitted, and bonus points will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 10,000 points per account. Bonus ID: 7907 and 7775. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards First® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-297-1300 for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Offer expires June 30, 2012. If your enrollment in the Extended Payment Option is approved after this date you will not be eligible for this bonus points offer.
The Membership Rewards First requirement means that the bonus applies only to Platinum and Centurion cardholders.

kaipoman Apr 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Touche. Thanks. Ill sit back for another 8 weeks.

CFFrost Apr 16, 2012 2:36 pm

I submitted for the 5K offer on my PRG card and the points have already posted.

DavidAL Apr 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost (Post 18405006)
I submitted for the 5K offer on my PRG card and the points have already posted.

How recently? I submitted last week, and I thought some said they got the bonus quickly. I've already gotten the snail mail confirmation from them.

CFFrost Apr 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL (Post 18405207)
How recently? I submitted last week, and I thought some said they got the bonus quickly. I've already gotten the snail mail confirmation from them.

I haven't gotten the snail mail yet - but if I remember correctly it was about a week ago that I signed up. I received the e-mail offer from them on the 8th and applied either that day or a day or two later.

Edit to add: sorry for the ambiguity in my previous post. I meant to say that I submitted about a week ago the first time around.

Also, anyone know if this changes how the card is reported to credit bureaus? If you aren't required to "pay in full" every month is it still technically a "charge" card?

apolloms Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by kaipoman (Post 18403999)
Anybody actually received this bonus yet? My plat card was approved, rec'd a letter in the mail last week welcoming me to the program, yet no MR have been posted.

This, I enrolled last week with my plat and PRG and got both hard copies in the mail...will wait the 6-8 weeks.

xp0 Apr 24, 2012 5:34 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 18404120)
It may be useful to read the terms from the link in the link posted by gold644

The Membership Rewards First requirement means that the bonus applies only to Platinum and Centurion cardholders.

I have neither the Platinum or Centurion cards however my wife and I were able to registered our gold cards for the 10,000 MR link. I got the email/snailmail letters saying I was approved also. Just waiting out my weeks now ...

pcharles Apr 24, 2012 6:57 am

Enrolled the platinum, did the PRG last fall.

barelyelite May 3, 2012 3:46 pm

Has anyone who signed up recently gotten the points? Still nothing for me after a month.