FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/778875-bonus-points-enroll-extended-payment-option-usa.html)

Trinners Jan 18, 12 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by metoo (Post 17841825)
Also, is the 5000 pts bonus for one AMEX type card only or can I apply for PRG and Platinum for total of 10k points

Looks like the 5k bonus is per MR account as opposed to per card.

Here's the small print from the bottom of the webpage:

To be eligible to get bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of enrollment in these features. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards account is permitted, and bonus points will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 5,000 points per account. Bonus ID: 7908. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. To get bonus points related to this offer you must enroll by June 30, 2012.

redtop43 Jan 19, 12 8:41 am

I was under the impression this bonus was targeted, but maybe it's not.

About a year ago I got the bonus for both my PRG and Plat cards, but I don't think I was supposed to. Back then, Amex was handing out bonuses like they were candy.

mia Jan 19, 12 8:49 am

Moderator action

metoo's question merged into established thread on this recurring offer.

mromero07 Feb 4, 12 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by patriots68 (Post 17442863)
Dear patriots68,
It's nice to have flexibility when it comes to paying for large purchases — especially during the holiday season. As a select Card member, you're invited to enroll in the Extended Payment Option, a special feature of your Platinum Card® from American Express.
Reasons to Enroll:

• The flexibility to pay over time on eligible purchases of $100 or more.¹
• Each month, you can pay your balance in full, the minimum due, or any amount in between — it's up to you.
• Enroll with no fee.
• If you carry a balance, only pay interest on purchases that are eligible for payment over time.
When it comes to holiday shopping, use the Card that offers benefits, protections, and now the payment flexibility that American Express can provide. Enroll today and get 10,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points.²
To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® First program at the time of enrollment in this feature. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards First account is permitted, and bonus points will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 10,000 points per account. Bonus ID 6650. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards First program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-297-1300 for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Offer expires December 31, 2011. If your enrollment in the Extended Payment Option feature is approved after this date, you will not be eligible for bonus points offer.

I enrolled with my personal Gold card and it worked just fine. I did this sometime in December and received a confirmation that the extended payments option would be available starting 1/19/12. Just a question. Do I actually have to use the card or carry a balance (which I don't right now). I'm under the impression that you don't actually have to make any extended payments, but the T&C are silent about actually making any purchases to begin with.

Tim O'Brien Feb 4, 12 11:12 pm

no need to use the card or the extended payment option to get the 10K

mromero07 Feb 4, 12 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 17954149)
no need to use the card or the extended payment option to get the 10K

Thanks. My offer was only for 5,000 though. This is the Gold Amex, not Platinum. Hopefully I get the points with no hassle.

Tim O'Brien Feb 5, 12 2:13 am

you should no problem

Simpleton Feb 5, 12 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 17954573)
you should no problem

Just in case anyone is thinking about doing this: You may want to think twice, because some people have reported getting a hard pull from this. I personally did not do it, because I value a credit hit at way more than 5k MR...

johndoe123 Feb 10, 12 11:54 pm

Does signing up for the 5k Amer MR bonus for enrolling in pay over time have inquiry?

Does signing up for the 5k Amer MR bonus for enrolling in pay over time on Bus Gold result in a inquiry?

MidTierStatus Feb 11, 12 12:05 am

No it shouldn't. It's a service they offer for their cardholders, not a new request for credit.

emax48 Feb 11, 12 1:35 am

Is this a targeted offer?

johndoe123 Feb 11, 12 1:58 am

If you don't have it enabled and go to enable it under your account, it should offer you 5k MR to do so. I don't believe it's targeted. However, I'm really trying to find out from someone who has done so, if this will cost me a pull.

captaincool Feb 11, 12 10:33 am

Originally Posted by johndoe123 (Post 17993273)
If you don't have it enabled and go to enable it under your account, it should offer you 5k MR to do so. I don't believe it's targeted. However, I'm really trying to find out from someone who has done so, if this will cost me a pull.

I did it and there wasn't a pull. However, I didn't get any bonus points :td:

mia Feb 11, 12 3:03 pm

Moderator action

johndoe123's question has been merged into an existing thread on this topic. Curiously, in post 46 a poster named johndoe123 seems to have answered the question asked by johndoe123 in post 148.

Simpleton Feb 11, 12 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 17996024)
johndoe123's question has been merged into an existing thread on this topic. Curiously, in post 46 a poster named johndoe123 seems to have answered the question asked by johndoe123 in post 148.

Haha good detective work! Maybe he was hoping to lure someone in so that he can get a recent report? :p