Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:11 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Ditto

Originally Posted by bitachu
signed up for extended payments months ago(I think ending of 2011)...5K points never came...figured I wasn't targeted and I lost out..closed my PRG back in May...yesterday I got a letter saying sorry the 5k points never came due to error..here is 50$...so not bad in my mind
Me too! Got the same letter for the 10,000 bonus point offer. The funny thing is I had completely forgot about it and actually closed the PRG associated with my MR. I just recently opened a Biz Gold and called to have them re-link with my old MR. I thought I only had 695 points left which I could transfer out before I closed. Rep said she had linked the accounts and I had 10,695. Wow! I had receive the letter a few days prior and was wondering if points would still be posted since I had closed card. YIPPEE!!
Not to mention I already receive 5,000 points for enrolling with that link as well. So for others, you can receive both bonuses from both links. As always YMMV
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
10,000 MR Points, Enroll in Auto Pay

I never carry a balance but was offered 10,000 membership reward points to enroll either my Gold or Platinum card. Hope AMEX does not see me as a risk, LOL?

Last edited by krpjr; Sep 15, 2012 at 12:13 am
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott PT, Delta PT, Fairmont Prem
Originally Posted by krpjr
I never carry a balance but was offered 10,000 membership reward points to enroll either my Gold or Platinum card. Hope AMEX does not send me as a risk, LOL?
LINK?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by clarksdv2
LINK?
And valid for personal or business account?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Update

Originally Posted by clarksdv2
LINK?
I do not have a link. I just clicked on it when I was logged in.

Update: 09/17/2012 Earned LOC enroll / 10K MR pts 10,000

The Points posted already!

My two personal cards only, my business card I don't use as much as my Gold/Plat personal.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
If I already enrolled for auto pay on my platinum and received 5000 MR points can I now enroll on my Business Gold and get eh 10000 points too?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:28 pm

8 weeks and still no points. Other than their system being off, I can only think that the problem may be related to the ad only being targeted to my business (Simplycash) login and not personal, which is the only MR card I have. I emailed them. I have the click-through page printed to PDF mentioning the bonus but not a print of my account page with the ad shown.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:25 pm

About 1 month ago there was a banner at the top of Platinum account screen, offering 10K to sign up for Extended Payment option. I did, and the 10K posted quickly.

Now, when I log into my wife's platinum account (completely separate from mine), she has a similar banner, but her offer is only 1,500 points.

Anyone else noticed variability in how many points are offered? Would it be possible to sign her up using one of the links that was in this thready earlier, and have her get the 10K points?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL GM
Pay over time question

I've been waiting to get a targeted mailing/banner offering me points for enrolling in pay over time, and I'm finally seeing a 10k offer when I log in.

If I enroll, does this involve a hard pull?

If I enroll, does this somehow affect any preapproval for the Plat Card? I have PRG and eventually want to take advantage of the preapproved plat upgrade, but not until I can take advantage of other, lower-hanging points fruit like pay over time. I plan on hitting the 30k spend on my PRG and getting the 15k bonus points, and adding these 10k for pay over time would be nice before grabbing the 25k plat upgrade once 2013 rolls around.

Can I get the 10k points merely by enrolling and then not doing anything more than allowing 6-8 weeks to elapse?

TYIA.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:27 pm

All of a sudden the 10k offer banners on the main page are no longer showing up for me. Does anyone know if the offer expired 11/01?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:17 pm

After waiting for a few days to see if the 10k offer banner showed up on my account again, I called MR to see if they knew about the offer and how I could get it. They said they "weren't seeing it" and offered me the 25k to upgrade to the Plat card. So I don't know where it went.

It showed up as a banner on my Account Summary page right towards the end of this past month's billing cycle before payment was due...I'm going to wait until the same time next month to see if they roll it out again around the same time. Prefer doing this because I'm not sure if just clicking on the random links will get me the points because they claim it has to be a targeted offer, and I'm apparently no longer being targeted.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
So does it take really 8 weeks to post. The points
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
So does it take really 8 weeks to post. The points
One day for me.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I just sent a secure message and they are researching it.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
neither my nor my wifes PRG qualify

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.