Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR>SPG 2>1 until Nov 30

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
Since you should be elligible for FT's coupon connection, you might see about trading your excess MR points for other rewards programs. As another thread in this forum mentions, they are currently in high demand, due largely to the favorable ->CO->AGR->SWRR conversion options.
Ya, I've been doing that a little... But there's an annual 25k limit on AGR, so that would take me like 15 transactions to get rid of all my points... But hey, whatever, it's a start
Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
As another thread in this forum mentions, they are currently in high demand, due largely to the favorable ->CO->AGR->SWRR conversion options.
Sorry if this is an idiotic question, but I assume this is Continental...AGR? I have no idea...Southwest RR program...

I'd do a search but as we all know terms must be four characters. Any help appreciated. Also looking for 1:1 on MR points.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 6:14 am

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Sorry if this is an idiotic question, but I assume this is Continental...AGR? I have no idea...Southwest RR program...

I'd do a search but as we all know terms must be four characters. Any help appreciated. Also looking for 1:1 on MR points.
AGR = Amtrak Guest Rewards
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:27 pm

Thanks, I'm now halfway through the point-laundering scheme...waiting for my CO-AGR to go through now...

How long did it take folks to find out whether they were eligible for the MR>SPG2>1? I emailed about six days ago, have yet to find out...I realize it's Thanksgiving week, but don't want to miss this if I can get in on it...
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, I'm now halfway through the point-laundering scheme...waiting for my CO-AGR to go through now...

How long did it take folks to find out whether they were eligible for the MR>SPG2>1? I emailed about six days ago, have yet to find out...I realize it's Thanksgiving week, but don't want to miss this if I can get in on it...
I think I heard back in about 2 days.
You could always call--presumably they would be able to tell you right away.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:39 pm

Thanks SIG...(title of one of my favorite Nick Lowe songs, I like you already)....

I'm on hold with Amex now. They can't seem to locate the promotion, since there's no "four digit code", whatever that means. However, I was also able to log in and see my current MR balance at the top of the page, along with the 2>1 promotion. Crossing fingers.

Update: No dice. It was a "random promotion" for certain members. Sigh. No 2K MR bonus, either...
Old Nov 24, 2007, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: No dice. It was a "random promotion" for certain members. Sigh. No 2K MR bonus, either...
Maybe you'll still get a response via e-mail and luck out with a generous agent.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
Originally Posted by DaveH
Since you should be elligible for FT's coupon connection, you might see about trading your excess MR points for other rewards programs. As another thread in this forum mentions, they are currently in high demand, due largely to the favorable ->CO->AGR->SWRR conversion options.

Anyone have a good feel for what one can trade MR points for these days?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:35 am

Has anyone seen any of these points post yet. I believe it was 10 - 13 weeks from promo start ( Sept. 1 ) ???
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
future spg offers

any of you know if this sort of offer will come up again. i am taking a trip to europe in may '08. i booked but want to know if i should wait to transfer points from am ex until another offer may open up????? thanks!!!!
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by idainc
Has anyone seen any of these points post yet. I believe it was 10 - 13 weeks from promo start ( Sept. 1 ) ???
Bump ?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:33 pm

Bump ?
Still no points for me.

Promo was from 09/01/07 to 11/30/07. I did my transfer on 10/11/07. The AMEX rep who did the initial transfer said the bonus points would transfer 12-14 weeks after the promotion ends, but I the website said they would post 10-13 weeks after the initial transfer, so who knows?

The website page is still active:
http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...oteloffer.aspx
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:33 am

I didnt get my points until I went to AMEX ( not MR ) and raised holy hell. They've got a programming issue that's preventing them from posting.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 8:40 pm

I didnt get my points until I went to AMEX ( not MR ) and raised holy hell. They've got a programming issue that's preventing them from posting.
So you had to call the number on the back of our AMEX and basically tell them that MR and SPG aren't taking care of the bonus points? anything else you had to tell them in order to get them post?

MR is basically saying it's all on SPG's end. SPG is saying that AMEX needs to tell them to issue the points, but that they would "note my account" and that "someone would look into it".
Old Jan 25, 2008, 9:42 pm

I eventually had to send a fax to the AMEX chairman’s office. Prior to that I asked the issue to be escalated and got a call from some low level spvr. from Amex. They seemed to want to blame SPG and everyone at SPG wanted blame AMEX as well

I didn’t finally get the points from AMEX until I sat on the phone for an hour with a rep from AMEX with web access who actually took dictation from me. The link we all have is readily available on the web and when she saw it said “ OH *hit ! Everyone can have this” . It seems that they are under the impression that just some members were targeted when actually the world was targeted. I was Pi**sed. !

Start an email war with AMEX first ! Send a fax to Mr. Chenaults office!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.