Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR>SPG 2>1 until Nov 30

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
There are other airlines that you can convert 1:1 or similar -VS, SQ, Southwest, ...
Ya, I guess I can just hang onto the miles until I have a need on a different airline... I'd just rather move them over someplace like AA where they will give me immediate benefit... I guess until then, I can hope and dream that AA will be added to the list of 1:1 partners...
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by technique
Ya, I guess I can just hang onto the miles until I have a need on a different airline... I'd just rather move them over someplace like AA where they will give me immediate benefit... I guess until then, I can hope and dream that AA will be added to the list of 1:1 partners...
Just buy AA tickets with your AA points.... 1 MR point = 1 cent
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just buy AA tickets with your AA points.... 1 MR point = 1 cent
I can get a higher value than 1 cent per mile on AA...

I also want the AA points to help me get towards the MM bonuses...
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:46 am

I can get a higher value than 1 cent per mile on AA...

I also want the AA points to help me get towards the MM bonuses...
Yes - AA miles are worth more than 1 cent each - but are MR points really worth more than that, given the exchange ratio's that exist? Probably in some cases they are depending on what you use them for.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by deflyer
Yes - AA miles are worth more than 1 cent each - but are MR points really worth more than that, given the exchange ratio's that exist? Probably in some cases they are depending on what you use them for.
You know, I really never cared much about points/miles until this year... And I've exclusively used my Amex card for most purchases over the past 3 years, which is why I have 300k MR points...

Now that I realize MR points are not that great, I immediately applied for the SPG Amex, and I should have the card this week... I will switch to it as my exclusive card once I get it... Wish I had done this years ago
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:45 pm
In memoriam

I am leaning toward converting my MR points to Delta miles at one to one. Probably about the same as going to Starwood points at two to one. But, I'd love to hear about better options. @:-)
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a way to tell online if you're eligible for the 50% hotel transfer bonus?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
I am leaning toward converting my MR points to Delta miles at one to one. Probably about the same as going to Starwood points at two to one. But, I'd love to hear about better options. @:-)
That's what I did. Call AMEX and see if you qualify for a 10%, or more, xfer bonus. DL now has much better SkySaver award availability in CONUS, at least to the cities I use.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:44 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
You can send online message at American Express website and ask about it. I got the reply that I am targeted therefore I will not get 50% bonus. It is good I hasn't made the transfer yet.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by yang1980
You can send online message at American Express website and ask about it. I got the reply that I am targeted therefore I will not get 50% bonus. It is good I hasn't made the transfer yet.

I'd love to get that email address.

I saved a screen print of my account balance and the offer and the date all on one screen. Other than two reps telling me I was eligible that ought to serve as qualification too..
Old Nov 13, 2007, 12:27 am

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
After you log in your account, click on Contact us on top of the page, then click on Email us at middle of left side, then you can send online message. Below is reply I got:

Thank you for your recent inquiry about the Membership Rewards program.

Our records do not indicate that any of your accounts were solicited for the specified promotion.

The provided link is a valid promotion for solicited Cardmembers only. As your account was not solicited you would not be able to take advantage of this promotion.

However, your Membership Rewards account does have a current promotion which would allow you to earn double points on your eligible charge activity that exceeds $1,000 from November 01, 2007 through January 01, 2008, with a maximum amount of 5,000 per month. This promotion does require that you enroll, to participate. To enroll in the specified promotion please visit: www.open.com/earndoublepoints and provide promotion: 08890004 when enrolling.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:14 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
German Amex card

Why are these transfer promotions never valid for German AMEX card holders???
Old Nov 15, 2007, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yang1980
I got a similar reply (not eligible), but the rep (unprompted) placed 2,000 additional MR points in my account as an apology.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Why are these transfer promotions never valid for German AMEX card holders???
I think that AMEX consider only US based really members ...
Old Nov 18, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
So, that begs the question, what to do with all the 100's of thousands of MR points I have... I'd love to get them over to AA, or use them for something valuable... I only recently switched to Amex SPG
Since you should be elligible for FT's coupon connection, you might see about trading your excess MR points for other rewards programs. As another thread in this forum mentions, they are currently in high demand, due largely to the favorable ->CO->AGR->SWRR conversion options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.