Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Introducing new opportunities for Centurion® members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing new opportunities for Centurion® members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by aptusboy
any validity to the other thread where the poster claims centurion fees are increasing to $5K?
Good god, I haven't heard that. I immediately got on the phone with customer service and she says that they haven't heard anything about that, except they say it in that elusive "That information hasn't been released to us yet." I try to press it with "Well, have you heard any rumours of such thing?" and she just laughed and said "Oh, we always hear rumours..."

Ugh, that would totally suck. I enjoy the card and despite the dwindling benefits, still find them quite useful, but at $5k, no way.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by aptusboy
any validity to the other thread where the poster claims centurion fees are increasing to $5K?
I don't think even Amex is that cracked out to double the fee...

That would be begging for mass cancellations, as if enough people didn't cancel already b/c of SPG plat loss...
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Club 5c

Originally Posted by damon88

Does anyone have experience with R&C ?
Hi all,

I'm R&C CLUB 5C member since 2006.
I love R&C properties.
I received R&C directory and magazine for CLUB 5C member every year.

As CLUB 5C member, I tried "Carre des Feuillants and Helene Darroze" in Paris on the Jan, 2007.
As you know, Helene Darroze is very famous foie gras.
However, the taste is too thick for Japanese.

There is VIP Welcome in CLUB 5C benefits.
But I feel there was no VIP Welcome at both restaurants.
However, I know that CLUB 5C membership is very excellent membership.
I'll try again at some properties.

My friend has a very good experience.
e.g.. 25% discount and VIP Welcome, etc.

If you become a CLUB 5C member, you can access to the website for CLUB 5C area.

thanks,
masahiro
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:30 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Thank you Masahiro--

It's nice to hear from a club member. It sounds as if your friend sometimes receives offers for discounts. And that perhaps it was easier for you to secure reservations at the restaurants in Paris?

I haven't been able to find much more info.

I know that R&C has many excellent properties.

From an R&C guide I learned:
What the 5 Cs are
Courtesy, Charm, Character, Calm and Cuisine
(these are the characteristics of R&C properties)

That 5C guests: "are guests who appreciate the Relais & Châteaux art de vivre"

and I found a breakdown of guests by nationality (2004)
France 21.8 %
North America 19.4 %
United Kingdom / Ireland 14.6 %
Germany / Austria 13.3 %
Switzerland / Liechtenstein 6.6 %
Italy 4 %
Benelux 4.5 % (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemberg)
Japan 3.1

Still curious to learn what benefits club membership offers.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$5K =INITIATION FEE FOR NEW CARDHOLDERS

$2500 annual fee for all cardholders
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:58 pm

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by damon88

And that perhaps it was easier for you to secure reservations at the restaurants in Paris?
Yeah,I was easier to secure reservation at the restaurants in Paris.
When I book the R&C properties, I book it through Centurion Concierge or R&C desk. At that time, I tell my CLUB 5C membership number.
I think that restaurant give me priority secure a table for CLUB 5C member.

What the 5 Cs are
Courtesy, Charm, Character, Calm and Cuisine
(these are the characteristics of R&C properties)
Yes, R&C has five characteristics.
My friend has a lot of good experiences as CLUB 5C member.
He got a lot of presents. e.g..free Champagne and desserts,etc..

If you become a CLUB 5C, you have to register your personal information to R&C. After that, you will receive welcome kit of CLUB 5C.(membership card,benefits book and directory book)

As CLUB 5C member, I will try the "La Becasse" restaurant in Japan.
I will see what happen.

thanks,
masahiro
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:22 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by masahiro
Yeah,I was easier to secure reservation at the restaurants in Paris.
When I book the R&C properties, I book it through Centurion Concierge or R&C desk. At that time, I tell my CLUB 5C membership number.
I think that restaurant give me priority secure a table for CLUB 5C member.

Yes, R&C has five characteristics.
My friend has a lot of good experiences as CLUB 5C member.
He got a lot of presents. e.g..free Champagne and desserts,etc..

If you become a CLUB 5C, you have to register your personal information to R&C. After that, you will receive welcome kit of CLUB 5C.(membership card,benefits book and directory book)

As CLUB 5C member, I will try the "La Becasse" restaurant in Japan.
I will see what happen.

thanks,
masahiro

It sounds as if the Club can help in securing hard to get rsvns. After we receive our welcome kit we are going to try for a table at the French Laundry in Yountville (California) Last time we tried, it was short notice and Cent could only arrange lunch. We decided to wait for another trip.

Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:25 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Virgin Gold Welcome Kits arrived yesterday.

ID card, 2 luggage tags each and first class upgrade vouchers for Heathrow & Gatwick Express.

Also info packet that explains features like the supplementary Silver membership.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:00 pm
BLV

Hi all,

I'm R&C CLUB 5C member since 2006.
I love R&C properties.
I received R&C directory and magazine for CLUB 5C member every year.
I just enrolled into Club 5C and wondering what the hotel benefits would be? I'm staying at Il San Pietro in Positano in August (one of the R&C properties) and would love to hear from anyone with 5C/ISP/other hotels experience.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone requested a list of the courses available in the Tour GCX?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

give them a call @ 877 TOUR GLF (868-7453) ?

says ~25 clubs in NY tri state on their site
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by BLV
I just enrolled into Club 5C and wondering what the hotel benefits would be?
Hi BLV,

If you are CLUB 5C member, you are able to do comfortable stay and get upgrade to next room category and special amenity!

Don't forget same benefits as "Leaders Club" of LHW, if you are R&C CLUB 5C member.
If you book the LHW's hotels through CTS, you should tell CTS Rep your Leaders Club or CLUB 5C membership number.

Enjoy the CLUB 5C benefits!

thanks,
masahiro
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:33 am
BLV

Hi BLV,

If you are CLUB 5C member, you are able to do comfortable stay and get upgrade to next room category and special amenity!

Don't forget same benefits as "Leaders Club" of LHW, if you are R&C CLUB 5C member.
If you book the LHW's hotels through CTS, you should tell CTS Rep your Leaders Club or CLUB 5C membership number.

Enjoy the CLUB 5C benefits!

thanks,
masahiro
Thanks, Masahiro

I'm assuming that Club 5C upgrades are on par with upgrades we now get with Cent? Usually they're not available
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:07 pm

Programs: amex gold, hhonors gold, spg gold :)
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Yes - please updated anything you find out about the French Laundry - every now and then I get the urge to try to get in there and after a few days of frustrating non-reservations, I give up for a few months.
I called Cent desk in January, about two weeks before my wife's birthday. They were able to put me on the waiting list at French Laundry and I got a call from FL hostess three days before my wife's birthday confirming a reservation. (I am told anyone with reservation has to call and confirm again three days before the reservation - so maybe there were cancellations?!) Maybe I was lucky since I asked for a specific day (I did say either lunch or dinner). The meal was amazing both from quality and price perspective. and yes very long (3 1/2 hours for lunch). An experience to be had, for sure. and everything was impeccable.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 1:50 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by hchon
I called Cent desk in January, about two weeks before my wife's birthday. They were able to put me on the waiting list at French Laundry and I got a call from FL hostess three days before my wife's birthday confirming a reservation. (I am told anyone with reservation has to call and confirm again three days before the reservation - so maybe there were cancellations?!) Maybe I was lucky since I asked for a specific day (I did say either lunch or dinner). The meal was amazing both from quality and price perspective. and yes very long (3 1/2 hours for lunch). An experience to be had, for sure. and everything was impeccable.

Cent told me that the restaurant is so popular that they actually have a person who's main job is securing those reservations.

I've had pretty good luck with CConc getting me hard to get reservations--

So far their only failure has been El Bulli.

(does anybody have any tricks??)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.