Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Death of a Reward Holder

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Cool Death of a Reward Holder

Does anyone know what happens to your rewards when you die? My wife uses my rewards all the time. Can she keep doing this if I am dead?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

shes authorized to [make] MR transactions? thats all you need to do.

edited to fix

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 17, 2006 at 3:04 am
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
shes authorized to making MR transactions? thats all you need to do.
I'm not sure about that. If I recall the T&Cs, she may not be able to. But I don't have them in front of me.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sandiegodave
Does anyone know what happens to your rewards when you die? My wife uses my rewards all the time. Can she keep doing this if I am dead?
I was an authorized user on my fathers cards when he passed away. I also have my own AMEX cards. I called them and they put the cards in my name and sent me new cards. I didn't lose any of the rewards.

I'm sure they did this because there was a balance on one of the cards which I am now responsible for. I would have paid it off anyway but they didn't know this.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if someone is an authorized user, and authorized to use MR, i would think they would be given the option of becoming primary upon death of the primary..

unless there is a balance, and then it would automatically go to either authorized user or those specified in the will/etc, right?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Personal Experience

My father passed away years ago, and my mother was a secondary card holder on his Amex account. I believe she may have had to fax Amex a death certificate (but I think the process was rather seemless)...we subsequently used the points to go to Europe several times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.