Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AmEx Allows Customers to Charge Condo Down Payments (pilot program)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006, 11:56 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

http://www.banknet360.com/news/NewsA....do?na_id=5250

"Currently, the service will be limited to buyers of luxury condos in Manhattan, as American Express rolls out the program with New York real-estate firm Moinian Group for one its projects under construction.

"Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Moinian will pay a fee to American Express for every transaction. Condo buyers will not be charged any additional fees."
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They've had ads on the bus stops for this for some time now. Hard to believe that the realtor is willing to give up 3%, but if it means clsoing a deal, that is less than some other negotiations I've seen happen. But I have to believe that the prices would be more negotiable if one was paying cash...

S.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:42 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
<<Hard to believe that the realtor is willing to give up 3%>>

Agreed, but the fee is almost certainly much lower.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
....Hard to believe that the realtor is willing to give up 3%....
It is for deposit only. 3% of a 10% deposit is 0.3% of the sale price. I also suspect they are actually paying Amex less than 3% anyway.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 8:05 am

Programs: Leaders Program, Supreme Commander Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
http://www.banknet360.com/news/NewsA....do?na_id=5250

"Currently, the service will be limited to buyers of luxury condos in Manhattan, as American Express rolls out the program with New York real-estate firm Moinian Group for one its projects under construction.

"Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Moinian will pay a fee to American Express for every transaction. Condo buyers will not be charged any additional fees."
I hope they raise the qualification for Centurion or don't count this toward annual spend.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
The fee from Amex to the developer will be sub 1%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.