Wiki Posts
Search

First 4 numbers of AMEX cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Question First 4 numbers of AMEX cards

This is a little random but it has been bugging me for a while. I know that you can tell what kind of AMEX card a certain card is by the first 4 numbers. Does anybody have a master list of all the cards and their first 4 numbers? I can start off by saying that my blue is 3723 and my centurion is 3715.

I know its a little weird but its gonna keep nagging me till I figure all of them out, so please post! Thanks all
Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
This is a little random but it has been bugging me for a while. I know that you can tell what kind of AMEX card a certain card is by the first 4 numbers. Does anybody have a master list of all the cards and their first 4 numbers? I can start off by saying that my blue is 3723 and my centurion is 3715.

I know its a little weird but its gonna keep nagging me till I figure all of them out, so please post! Thanks all
The first two numbers, 34 or 37, identify American Express as the issuer. As for the other two, try a search. I'm pretty sure there's a significant thread around FT about AMEX's algorithm.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:15 am

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Try this thread - What do the last numbers on an AMEX card mean
Old Jun 19, 2006, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tmartazu
Pretty cool stuff...thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.