Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade at FS George V

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Platinum Upgrade at FS George V

Any feedback on George V amex upgrades?

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Cascadia
Any feedback on George V amex upgrades?

Thanks
I got $100 spa voucher, updgrade from standard to deluxe room, breakfast for 2 people, late checkout for 740 per night. For my money it's the best hotel in Europe.
This was with Centurion BTW but Ithink it should be the same with Plat. Try everything you can to get room 801 - it is a superior room but has a massive terrace and is just stunning.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 1:02 pm

I was upgraded in November to a large corner suite for five nights (our entire stay)... but we were also there when the riots were happening and there really weren't too many tourists. We had originally booked an executive suite for 985 Euros including breakfast.

We had three sets of doors to the corner balcony. We had an entourage waiting for us in our suite -- maids to unpack, press things, polish our shoes, etc. and engineering to install a few converters for our laptops, along with two levels of hotel management just to welcome us. There was wine, cheese, fruit and deserts delivered. One of the deserts had edible 24k gold decoration!

The service is outstanding. Every evening at turndown, the maid pressed my pajamas and put them on the bed, along with my book and one of the FS keepsake bookmarks.

I'm not sure how much of this was due to the Amex Platinum card. My guess is the service is top-notch, no matter how you pay for it.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 3:45 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
If you can live without the spa credit you can obtain a confirmed upgrade via Virtuoso, depending on overall hotel availability and the catagory you want. Some times early arrivals can be worked out too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.