Wiki Posts
Search

current promotions with amex

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA,
current promotions with amex

i have decided to use my amex card exclusively for all day to day purchases.
does anyone know of any current promotions for double membership points or even triple that i could sign up for such as grocery store, gas stations etc etc

I always see promotions for the Delta Amex but not often for platinum american express..

kasop

Last edited by kasop; Jun 12, 2006 at 12:04 pm
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 2P, DL GM, AA
Originally Posted by kasop
i have decided to use my amex card exclusively for all day to day purchases.
does anyone know of any current promotions for double membership points or even triple that i could sign up for such as grocery store, gas stations etc etc

I always see promotions for the Delta Amex but not often for platinum american express..

kasop
It's funny... when I was solicited for a Plat Card it promised the very best offers for Membership Rewards. However, Plat Card members are almost NEVER targetted for bonus point offers. Gold card and green card members regularly receive 3x point offers and we get nothing. AMEX consistently gives me a warm, cuddly feeling inside for the way they treat me.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA,
Originally Posted by travelfool
It's funny... when I was solicited for a Plat Card it promised the very best offers for Membership Rewards. However, Plat Card members are almost NEVER targetted for bonus point offers. Gold card and green card members regularly receive 3x point offers and we get nothing. AMEX consistently gives me a warm, cuddly feeling inside for the way they treat me.
yeah why is that, we are supposed to be their top customers with the maximum spending power but the basic cards get targeted for so much more, maybe i should just stick with citi bank AA master card for regular day to day purchases!!!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, they gypped me out of a 15K upgrade bonus, and now there is a targeted 50K bonus for signing up for a Gold and spending $1K (WOW! :rollseyes

Oh well, the Plat benefits are a good value for me.

It does kind of make me think I'll be like others on FT and get a Gold again sometime in the future for point earning.

Although I think I'm going to be using my new SPG card a lot too.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:13 pm

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
Don't think CENT cardholders get any promotions relating to EARNING POINTS either. And very rarely get them for CONVERTING points to whatever (and then not because of being CENT cardholder but because AMEX makes some reduced converion promotion available to all MR members).

Point - as made in previous posts, AMEX always makes it easy to avoid their charge card most of the time...weak MR program....losing partners chronically over many, many years...never any promotions for pLAT or CENT meanwhile GOLD and basic GREEN get double point opportunity promotions seems like quarterly.

Curious way to run a business and dump on one's [presumably] best customers.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CENT gets double PLAT bonus points though. Like the PTS spend $5K on certain stuff gets you 25K bonus, for CTS it's a 50K bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.