Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impact of credit impaired partner ? (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Impact of credit impaired partner ? (UK)

So I recently came back to the AMEX fold, I spend a fortune on personal travel at the moment (commute to dublin) and the MR's will be a bonus. The current Potential Mrs JonGar however is a divorcee, and carrys a bit of credit blackmark with her. Apparently she used to have an Amex but lost it due to bankrupcy. Would she be allowed a card on my account ( i trust her, with things far more valuable) ?

Thanks all
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
If the card is paid from your account I don't see why not ?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:56 am

When I try to add a card for my US issued Platinum, the ToS for adding a member states:
The Additional Cardmember must be 18 or older, and must never have had a defaulted account with American Express. Any account you have with American Express must not be in default.
I could be wrong, but I interpret that to mean no, your Potential Mrs JonGar will not be able to be added. That is, of course, assuming that her prior card was considered to be "in default." Only one way to find out, I suppose...
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:52 pm

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
If you are in the UK then I don't think they are allowed to black ball you because of your family etc. As for T&Cs you will have to read them but they wouldn't know that she was bankrupt as they don't credit search anyone other than the main card holder.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Shouldn't be a problem at all. The only check they do (if at all) is to make sure they are registered at the address you say they are (this is usually done by sending an original bill, bank or council tax statement to Amex).

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.