Search

Companion ticket for travel on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Companion ticket for travel on Air France

Economy Class Companion ticket for travel on Air France Reward Code AF1

Has anyone used this in the past? AF and AMEX seem to be mum on 2006 validty. Also logging into MR I see this message:

"Price varies according to your account information. Please log in to see your price."

What have people got in the past?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Anyone? I will drop this in the AF forum to check too.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 2:30 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum (etc.), AF Flying Blue
I called the Platinum CS in France a few days ago, to inquire about 2-4-1 tickets on Air France (or any kind of companion program).

The CSR told me that there is no such program with Air France...

I have to admit that I am more than puzzled, even more so that I just received yesterday an email fron Departure (the Amex mag) expressely mentionning such program.

Can anyone please tell me if Amex has a program with Air France (companion, buy one get one free, or else)?

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2006, 2:56 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Not with a Plat Amex card issued in France. Here is a list of the airlines participating in the program for cards issued in France:

http://www10.americanexpress.com/fra...s/paiplati.pdf

Originally Posted by Junkplat

Can anyone please tell me if Amex has a program with Air France (companion, buy one get one free, or else)?

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:43 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum (etc.), AF Flying Blue
Thanks Fred, I had already checked the list earlier.

Still, I find it weird that, say, US cardholder can enjoy the companion program on Air France, when I, a French cardholder, cannot.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by owflyer
Economy Class Companion ticket for travel on Air France Reward Code AF1

Has anyone used this in the past? AF and AMEX seem to be mum on 2006 validty. Also logging into MR I see this message:

"Price varies according to your account information. Please log in to see your price."

What have people got in the past?

I'm using a ticket booked with that promo on thurs. Just call the Air France number on the website to book under that promo, then redeem the points thru AMEX and about a week later you'll get your confirm from Air France.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Junkplat
Thanks Fred, I had already checked the list earlier.

Still, I find it weird that, say, US cardholder can enjoy the companion program on Air France, when I, a French cardholder, cannot.
Same issue in Canada, I can use the companion program for Air France but not Air Canada
Old Jun 10, 2006, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mike212
I'm using a ticket booked with that promo on thurs. Just call the Air France number on the website to book under that promo, then redeem the points thru AMEX and about a week later you'll get your confirm from Air France.
wait a moment, how is that working How much is a companion ticket on AF? I could transfer 50k MR points from my German account; is this available with MR in the US? Can anyone post the details please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.