Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMex platinum Which lounge to use Code Share or metal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

I have a NW ticket with NW flight numbers from HNL-LAX-LIT which will obviously be on DL metal. I asked the DL Crown Room which lounge to use with my Amex Platinum card and they said use NW because the ticket is NW and has NW flight numbers.

I went to NW lounge and they said that is on DL metal so you can't come in here. Which one is right?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:17 am

https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...clubaccess.jsp
Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline ticket. (Codeshare agreements do not apply.) Affiliated lounge agreements do not apply. Partners and participating locations subject to change. The Platinum Card member must have their Card on their person and present it to the club agent along with an airline ticket valid for travel that day on the corresponding airline that is operating the flight. The access to the club pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:12 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
This is internally contradictory.

Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline ticket.
I read this to mean that I can access the club relating to the airline that has ticketed my flight. Clear enough.
(Codeshare agreements do not apply.)
I read this to mean that if I have, for example, an AF-coded ticket on a DL operated flight, I am not entitled to access. Perhaps unfair in this day of alliance partnerships and code-shares, but clear enough.
The access to the club pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number.
How does this reconcile to the preceding statements about access corresponding to the ticketing carrier and codeshare agreements not applying? If I purchase a ticket from AF with and am ticketed on AF flight numbers on all of my segments, am I then entitled to access? This would appear to be the case, even though in this case access would not correspond to my ticket and codeshare agreements would apply!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by chalf
This is internally contradictory.

Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline ticket.
I read this to mean that I can access the club relating to the airline that has ticketed my flight. Clear enough.
(Codeshare agreements do not apply.)
I read this to mean that if I have, for example, an AF-coded ticket on a DL operated flight, I am not entitled to access. Perhaps unfair in this day of alliance partnerships and code-shares, but clear enough.
The access to the club pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number.
How does this reconcile to the preceding statements about access corresponding to the ticketing carrier and codeshare agreements not applying? If I purchase a ticket from AF with and am ticketed on AF flight numbers on all of my segments, am I then entitled to access? This would appear to be the case, even though in this case access would not correspond to my ticket and codeshare agreements would apply!
It seems non-contradictory to me, albeit bad news.

I read it as:

"It has to be our ticket, our lounge, and our metal".
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:22 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
I'm 99.9% certain that you can use the DL club if it's DL metal. Remember, you'll have a DL boarding pass, and that's the only thing they look at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.