Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about spending categories

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Question about spending categories

So I'm looking at my 2005 Yeard End Summary for my Amex Preferred Rewards Gold and I notice all my gas purchases from Shell and Chevron fall under the category "Auto" with the subcategory as "Auto Services". other places that fall under "Auto Services" is Kragen, where i've bought things like oil and filters.

Also, under the category of "Auto", there is a subcategory of "Gas". i have two listings there that are for 7-Eleven, and by looking at the charge $, i clearly did not buy gas but rather merchandise in the store.

Do you think I've been properly credited with double points on my gas purchases in the "Auto Services" section? Or are double points only given in the "Gas" section?

i only use the "pay-at-the-pump" and have never gone in the store to make gas purchases.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by dionx
Do you think I've been properly credited with double points on my gas purchases in the "Auto Services" section?
I'm guessing no. I take it you've never tried to reconcile your monthly spending with your awarded points (hint: don't even think about using the points listed on your paper statement).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.